Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok have you noticed how all the characters on .hack//SIGN have little [i]painting[/i] like things on their faces. I just started watching the show about 2 months ago and never really got why they are there.
Posted
[COLOR=ORANGE]I think it's just some "cool" thing they got
going around but i could be wrong that is just my opinion[/COLOR]
Posted
well, if anyone here has ever seen Zoids Chaotic Century, they have them too. Iv heard them called Droodles before. They can represent alot of different meaning: race, family, ect. or they could just be their because the person think it looks cool. I think in .Hack//sign they have them to look cool.
Posted
in some places and computer games, you will see many of this signs. there is 3 possibilities for those signs, first one is what kkc said about race, class etc.
second its just a tatoo (remind me of black and white-the game where you can tatoo your creature).
3rd one is possible but sounds too detailed, it might be a special sign that represents eaach character... (Spoiler)- there is an episode where you see another subaru, looks just the same but her hair and "Sign" is defferent... might be because its a sign you get when you register, just like a notification so you wodnt mix, another example is when we see another "tsukasa" character, but notice that his sign is different also, again it might be because of that.
Posted
I think it's mostly a "coolness" thing - I mean sure there's multiple subarus wandering around, but that's just a character model after all for a female heavy axe. just like tsukasa isn't special, it's just the character model for the male wavemaster. That's why BlackRose (from the games) and Mimiru (from the series) can look so similar. Because they're character models.

So I'd go with Solid's second suggestion, that there's not really a reason for it - the character designers probably thought the characters looked too "normal" or "mundane" - after all they needed something to remind us we're in a video game - hence the extensive body paint (since Bear's pretty much lathered in the stuff O_o)
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Yeah, I've always liked the markings on their faces. Is it just me though, or does it look like it says 'Hi' on Subaru's forehead? I dunno, that's just what I noticed...
Posted
Yeah, I think everyone wonders about the markings. I don't know if they are just for looks, though, because in one of the interview extras of MUTATION (in the LIMINALITY DVD), the head of the video game development was complaining (jokingly) about how the person who does the character design was obsessed about everything being flawless. He gives an example, telling about how the guy kept checking on Kite's sash.

I think the best way to figure out if the markings are significant is to look for two characters who have the same one, or ones that are similar. Then we just see what relation those characters have, if any at all.

Oh, and does anyone wonder about those characters in the background in the opening of .hack//SIGN? You know, the five wavemasters in the background when each character walks by. They are getting markings put on them and stuff. I wonder what's up with them. You never see them beyond that, and I don't recall any mention of them anywhere. Haha, maybe I'm just obsessed. :twitch:
Posted
Well, I think that is Tsukasa each time when the other characters run by and then they cut in half real quick. I dont know what the marking are for though. Maybe just to look pretty ^_^
Posted
I still think they are just designs, but you could be right. But what they would have effect of later on in the show? Thats a mystery.
Posted
.hack//AI Buster is a novel only in Japan though [email]mary@Dragontear.net[/email] is working on translations from what she's translated.It's very interesting. The colors of the waves on the people resemble there element.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
o.O' The World has element-based stuff? Wow.. I thought they would just put on the color they wanted.. But wouldn't that mean.. Almost NOBODY has the same element?.. I mean, very few main characters have the same color... Heck, B.T. Doesn't have any.. Unless that headband thingie covers it... *holds his head* Ow, this entire show makes my head ache..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...