Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Alright, using my great, great intuition, I've concluded that most of you have never played the .hack games. :D As a person who has played the games, I know that there's only one valid reason why you wouldn't: you don't have a PS2. The first .hack game takes roughly 20 hours, while the second takes only 10 (well, if you use Ap Do everytime, haha). That amount of time can easily fit in one rental. If you are going to play the game only for the story, you've got even less time.

Those who have played the .hack games can vouch for them. The games ARE at the center of the .hack story (I know this because of a video interview), and the story is more than enough reason to play the games. They also give you a greater grasp/understanding of "The World" and the .hack//SIGN anime, so there's yet another plus. Granted, I do like the gameplay too, but that's besides the point of this thread.

So, I ask those of you who have not yet played the games, for one reason or another, "why haven't you?"
Posted
[quote]
[b]As a person who has played the games, I know that there's only one valid reason why you wouldn't: you don't have a PS2.[/b]
[/quote]


That is not true. I have a PS2 and have never played the .Hack games. The reason is two-fold.

1) Too many other games, too little time. Yep, I like to play [i]a lot[/i] of game, but finding the time to is hard. :(

2) Hard to find. At least in rental form. I still have not completely checked the stock of Hollywood Video (largest selection), but I am quite positive that Blockbuster does not have it. :bawl:

Okay, I am done ranting (for now). ;)
Posted
Yep, I agree when it comes to me, that IS the only reason why I haven't played it. Dang, I wish I had a PS2! I would get it so fast! But, yes, that is why for me!

Kaola
Posted
Well, until about a week ago I could answer this as a "non-player", but now I've managed to get hold of a copy ^_^

Yeah, I don't actually think it's released yet in Britain -- countries where it hasn't been released will have a heckuva hard time getting their grubby mitts on it (and renting... that's out of the question O_o)

So yeah, that was my reason/excuse O_o!!
Posted
Well, when i decided weather i should or shouldnt buy an xbox (wich neglactes buying an ps2) i though about this game and FF games, whcih made it difficult to decide...
but i didnt play the game, although if the game is 10\20 H long - i might borrow the ps from my friend and play...
Posted
I havnt played it because i dont have a PS2..... T_T I have a gamecube. And my parents wont let me have anymore game systems. T_T Is their a game called ".Hack//sign" for PS2 and it has all the characters from the show in it?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by K.K.C. [/i]
[B]Is their a game called ".Hack//sign" for PS2 and it has all the characters from the show in it? [/B][/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge, but that's because .hack//SIGN is a completely different part of the timeline... The TV Series deals speifically with Tsukasa's part of the story, the .hack games deal specifically with Kite's part so on and so on...

Though it would be a cool idea ^__^
Posted
hm.... well, look at the pic. I got it off of .hack//defragment, but there site has shut down or something. Maybe someone just made this, im not sure.
Posted
As I said before, the games are at the center of the .hack story. So, it would only be right that the characters from SIGN would be a part of it.

Anyway, here's the corollary to your pic, so to speak. I've already seen most, if not all, of the SIGN characters in the game, so yeah, that's real.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...