OtakuBoards

Comment

Syn

I dont think theres been a topic on this, and if there has then im sorry >>;

I was wondering about having a comment system, where users can post comments on other users through there profiles. Just a thought.

[size=1] You can just send any comments you have for that person via PM, or if you mean, attach comments under peoples sigs,so it shows when they post then that wouldn't be such a good idea. There would be way too much abuse of a comment system like that. plus you'd have to [/size]

He means like...well, sort of like what Final Fantasy Republic does. For those who don't know, you can go into their profile and add a comment about them, tell them hey, etc.

I don't think it would work, Kenjeh. :/ There may be a lot of negative comments posted about someone, and it would be way too hard to control this even if moderators could edit it.

Ooooooh... Like a "guestbook"? Yeah, I don't think it would do much good... I know there would be someone who would put up a bad comment to another one... That is something unavoidable... Like syk3 said, it would be too hard to control everything... Specially because it would be inside of the profiles, not directly in the boards...

Guest Chris
[color=green]you could make it so the person who's profile it's in can delete it (not edit, people would change coments to make them seem really cool and stuff). that way it wouldn't put more work on the already really hard working mods. :rolleyes: [/color]

[color=002E55]It sounds cool - but I think it would be far too much of an undertaking for the moderators and administrators. They would have to consistantly keep a check on what people were saying about each other, and sort out anyone who was posting spam/negative comments into peoples profiles.[/color]