KKC Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 well, school is almost out for me, and i was bored....... so i sat down and forced myself to make a banner. Actually it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be, but im still not very good, what do you think? got any tips? Please keep in mind that this the first banner iv ever made. O_o
James Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 [color=#335062]For a first attempt, this is very impressive. You're certainly better than I was when I started out making graphics. ^_^; Your image cropping is pretty good and everything's looking pretty balanced here. I guess the only real concern I have is that the black text is a little hard to see. But other than that, this is an impressive first effort. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future. ^_^[/color]
Kaola Su Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 That is very good for your first one! I like it alot, the picture fits you perfectly!! Teehee :) It is a really good banner! Definately keep it up! Kaola Oh, K.K.C. I love your sig!!! Hmmmm....wonder where you got that from!! HAHA, those sure are some great fighting words huh! :smirk:
DarK DeatH Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 Not that bad for a first, but I have some advices: 1st: To make a background, try to use that tool which you choose a color off the image (which I forgot the name in the English version :P) and use a color that appears in the main image as the background... (green is not the best go for that banner's background) 2nd: Play around with the fonts until you find one that fits the kind of image you want. (the font doesn't fit there) 3rd: Try to remove artifacts and always try to keep good quality images instead of low quality ones. (the image on the right is low quality) 4th: Do not use unnecessary elements that would only distract the attention of who is seeing your graphic. (that black thing in the middle is a good example of it) 5th: Have fun :P
KKC Posted June 3, 2003 Author Posted June 3, 2003 yeah, that black thing turned out looking really weird x_x I'll have to fix it, and i'll mess with the font. The pic on the right was blury already and i had trouble cropping it, but thanks for all of the tips, they helped a lot. ~~ Heehee, thanks Kaola Su, I just had too, Chee Pop Pow is one of new words, but i picked it up from Sora X_X ag!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now