Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This is my very first banner I made.It features Ky Kiske from guilty gear.I know it maybe plain but at least I put much effort.Tell me what you think.It goes with the avatar I made to.
Posted
I would have to say try using a wallpaper or something. It looks as if you used a screen shot and it really does make it look jagged. I think it is a good 1st one, but you could do much better with a wallpaper or something smooth!

Kaola
Posted
Well I'm no good at grphics.:bluesweat but I kinda took your advice with the wallpaper,I put a line overlay over it so you might see some lines.If you have somemore tips please tell me.
Posted
Aaaaaaaaah!!! Too much of a colorful thing... Hurts the eyes... And the font is hard to read... The other one was better than this one ¬_¬
I will give you an advice that was already given to me when I started:
Don't go mad crazy using 321657321684 billion colors on your stuff (and mine had waaaaay less than yours when I got that advice ^^;;), just use one or two color themes... That shall do it...
Posted
*sigh*I worked on a new one..but it looks plain but it's easier to read then the other one.I'm not giving up until I think I get it right.
Posted
That one isn't bad at all! The colors....hmmm. I really don't know what to say about them! I love the texture though. I guess I am not to fond of the color of the background and the color of the text. I don't know...but that's my opinion. I think you are getting better at this though...just keep practicing! I like your attitude about not giving up also! You will get t eventually! I just started on making some too and I can't do very good either!

Kaola
Posted
[size=1]The quality of the picture itself is iffy. Find another, cleaner picture to use.

I actually don't mind the white space in the first one. The third is also pretty good, although the quality of the picture continues to stand out.

I like orange, heh.[/size]
Posted
The third is OK, but you should really get a better pic... If you IM me I can send you some good quality, hi-res pics I have here... Some good ones and simple to do the cut job...
But yeah, not giving up is something good ^^ Just keep trying, you will eventually be able to get something very good...
Advice: Put the text down a bit... The way it is it makes too much blank space.
Posted
Well I got bored and made this quick banner,it maybe plain but oh well.I'm still working on the same banner trying to improve it.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
You think I've givin up have you?!:laugh:Well your wrong!I've only been expirimenting with photoshop.I think I've gotten better.It has Ed from Cowboy Bebop on it!It may look plain like I usually say when make a banner.
Posted
[size=1]I would work on smoother cut-outs. I should not be able to see that white outline.

It looks like you are getting a hang of the filters, so that is good. Use them wisely, not excessively.

This last one was not too bad, it just needs a better cut-out of Ed.[/size]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green][size=1]see, that's much better. see what a good quality pic can do to a banner. if you keep practicing you'll be pretty good soon. good job my friend.[/size][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...