Jump to content
OtakuBoards

www.dbzep.com stealing theotaku.com's content


Recommended Posts

Guest Anime-Inverse
Posted
Yeah I was browsing around a website which is [url]www.dbzep.com,[/url] and I looked in their .Hack//Sign section. While browsing it I noticed it was set up like [url]www.theotaku.com[/url]'s section for .Hack//Sign. I then compared the info on the character pages, and it was taken word for word even the pictures were copied. After that I went and check out the timeline and the creators page and guess what I found. They were the same exact thing word for word. The worst part was that they didn't even say anything about where they got their info from... So what you think about this .com site stealing their content off of other larger sites?
Posted
Plagiarism

A site can be shut down for it if the Server owners know about it, because if it's on their server, THEY are the ones rsponsible when someone gets sued.

File a complaint, thats what I'd do
Guest Anime-Inverse
Posted
I was thinking maybe first talk to the owner of the site about it, and if he doesn't do anything then file a complaint. I checked around on other anime sections and they aren't copied, but im still looking around. There are alot other sites they might have copied off of to make it not as obvious.
Posted
The site name is dbzep.com, that in itself spells illegal. I wouldn't be surprised if they stole their other content from other sites. People like that are interested in hits only, nothing else. Just e-mail their server telling them they stole info, give them both pages. If the server doesn't do anything then they aren't gonna do anything anyway. It might work better if Adam did it though. So e-mail Adam and tell him, since these boards aren't really directly run with theotaku.com, he probably won't see this.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...