OtakuBoards

Stealing smilies: would you mind?

AzureWolf

Well, I really didn't know where else to ask (maybe I should have just PMed a moderator, but I wouldn't know which one!). Anyway, as the title suggests, I want to use your smilies for personal use. By personal use, I mean just that: for myself. Specifically, I use an e-mail program (Incredimail) that lets you take and store animations/smilies that you like from a website simply by right-clicking them, and from then on, you can just use a dropdown menu to pop them into e-mails. I really like a lot of the smilies you guys made/have, and I would like to add them. Obviously, I will be using them in e-mails I send here and there, so that is why I am asking. So, is that alright?

Thanks in advance for your response.

[size=1]I believe AW is asking if s/he (?) can use OB's smiley for Incredimail, not the other way around.

I'm not sure, but I believe all of our smileys have come from another site, somewhere along the line. So I don't see what the problem would be...smileys are generally considered public domain.[/size]

[color=#884667]Sure, you can use any of our smilies for personal and/or public use.

Smilies are shared over the Internet among many sites, so you'll rarely find a case where they'll be [i]exclusive[/i] to a particular site.

However, the "Mod Rod" smiley was produced by GinnyLyn, so you might want to ask for her permission before you use it (if you intend to use it, that is). But every other smiley on OtakuBoards is open for your use.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]

Hmm... I can't close my own thread... Shouldn't we have that ability? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#884667]No. Only Moderators do. The thread doesn't need to be closed anyway; it's not necessary.

Sara: Oops, sorry. I remember now. ^_^;[/color]