Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, I really didn't know where else to ask (maybe I should have just PMed a moderator, but I wouldn't know which one!). Anyway, as the title suggests, I want to use your smilies for personal use. By personal use, I mean just that: for myself. Specifically, I use an e-mail program (Incredimail) that lets you take and store animations/smilies that you like from a website simply by right-clicking them, and from then on, you can just use a dropdown menu to pop them into e-mails. I really like a lot of the smilies you guys made/have, and I would like to add them. Obviously, I will be using them in e-mails I send here and there, so that is why I am asking. So, is that alright?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]Incredimail was awesome! I'm sure that if you talk to James, or any of the technical staff, they would consider adding to the Smilies list. (Incredimail did have some awesome smilies)

-Kitty[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]I believe AW is asking if s/he (?) can use OB's smiley for Incredimail, not the other way around.

I'm not sure, but I believe all of our smileys have come from another site, somewhere along the line. So I don't see what the problem would be...smileys are generally considered public domain.[/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]Ohh. You want to use OB's smilies! I'm sure you could if you talk to someone. Smilies are considered Public Property..If even that. ^^;; I'm so stupid. *hides*

-Kitten[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[color=#884667]Sure, you can use any of our smilies for personal and/or public use.

Smilies are shared over the Internet among many sites, so you'll rarely find a case where they'll be [i]exclusive[/i] to a particular site.

However, the "Mod Rod" smiley was produced by GinnyLyn, so you might want to ask for her permission before you use it (if you intend to use it, that is). But every other smiley on OtakuBoards is open for your use.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]

Hmm... I can't close my own thread... Shouldn't we have that ability? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#884667]No. Only Moderators do. The thread doesn't need to be closed anyway; it's not necessary.

Sara: Oops, sorry. I remember now. ^_^;[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...