OtakuBoards

'Image Not Found'

Corey

I've found a realiable host for my banners.
i've made sure it's in an acceptable format, jpg if you need to know.
I've triple checked my signature.

Why is this damn thing still apearing where my banner should be?

[color=#707875]Yeah, you used OB as a host incorrectly, by using an erroneous attachment (an attachment unrelated to the thread). That's against the rules.

I don't know why this error appears. But I've fixed it in my sig (where it did appear initially).

Try changing the filename around after you've uploaded it. Or, try re-uploading it (to somewhere other than OB, if you're going to upload multiple versions). I renamed my file on the server and then changed it in my profile...and it worked. I have no idea what the cause of this error is though.[/color]

[size=1]Mine worked for several weeks, then simply gave me the "image not found" message--I hadn't even changed the silly signature. I messed with it for a while, and it just started working again... *shrugs*[/size]

No, James, I'm not using an OB link.
The link is: [url]http://home.villagephotos.com/2003-5/8011/raban.jpg[/url]
I'll even delete the post if you want me to. I've been contemplating using that if someone couldn't solve this problem.

It worked for about three loads, when I first did it, then stopped. The host has worked for my Seamus Harper banner for a good week and a half. Why has it stopped now?

[b]EdIT:[/b] And now it's working... God does my head hurt. Could you tell me where I posted that attachment so I can delete it? Don't want no clutter...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B]No, James, I'm not using an OB link.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Yes, you were using OB as a host. In one of the gaming forums - I actually deleted the erroneous attachment in your post. So it doesn't matter at this point anyway. I was just clarifying the rules with you, so as to ensure that it doesn't happen again.[/color]

I think what the problem is, is that if you post an attatchment in the Art and Design section, but use a host but with the same file name at the end, it won't work. I've found that every time I get a new file name it starts working, so it's most likely something related to that.

Well, if it's any help:

I found that if you change anything in your sig, even if it is not anything with your banner/image, OB checks the validity of the file again, and it will ALWAYS come up "not found." However, I have found that if you delete the "h" in "http" and re-enter it after you change your sig and before you submit your new sig, there will be no problems. Well, at least I haven't had problems everytime I've done that. Besides doing that, you could always just keep pasting it until it works.

:D My banner won't work!! It works on another forum I use, but not on Otakuboards, I tried the link in two different forms and every time I just get"Image Not Found" What am I doing wrong..?

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it, I had the wrong file uploaded... heh heh ^_^; :o :D :whoops: