mystikal Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 [URL=http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/fantasy/-_deep_shade_-.jpg]click here to see it.[/URL] It took me a long time, but it still sucked. I didn't like her face that much because it is, as usual, distorted XD I tried the self-shadow thing, and I did the best i could to scan every corner and see if I should put shadow in it. It looked okay up till the point when I started to shade the leaves. I don't know how to shade leaves, so i use a brush and tried to make it look bushy. Now it looks like a green sand puddle with glowing things in it. A friend suggested that I could do a dead tree if I don't want to draw leaves. I think I am gonna redo the background and make it into a dead tree instead, cus the leaves are really annoying me. And the picture is kinda pointless and has no interesting objects in it. I am not good with details ._. *drools upon magnificent background-ed pictures with lots of details and small decorative things*
Guest Chris Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 [color=#707875]awesome, very awesome. you do magnificent cging. i am amazed by your work. you should enter the oae contest, you have a fair chance. heh. good work.[/color]
DarK DeatH Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 That's really awesome dude! What tool do you use for coloring your stuff?
Kaola Su Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 WOW! I know you are probably already expecting me to say great work and all! But GREAT WORK! as always! Love, Kaola
conpiracymonki Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 [b][size=1] Lol. You're too modest >.> I wouldn't mind spending 20 hours ever to pull off a picture like that. And the fact that they're all CGs gives you extra kudos too ^^'[/b] That branch behind the girl's hair is.. an odd shape though. Very unbranch-like oO;[/size]
Rhys Mayiessen Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 [color=indigo]Haha yeah Shilin you should enter the O.A.E Contest! I bet you would get in for sure! You're a much better artist than me! I love this picture! Hehe you always like drawing Aurora don't you?[/color]
Arkadyz Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 [color=red][font=times new roman]Wow mystikal thats some amazing artwork there...It has a few flaws but its still some of the best work ive seen around here(and thats saying alot considering the talent we got on these boards :D )I cant wait to see more... :cool: [/color][/font]
mystikal Posted July 7, 2003 Author Posted July 7, 2003 I use photoshop. that's the only thing I've been since I started to cg XD And yes, rhys, I am obssessed with drawing Aurora 8D. It's an addiction.
eleanor Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 [size=1] Very nice work, as always. I love the way you draw and CG, it's so good! ^_^ I think you should enter the O.A.E contest.[/size]
Guest Zeh Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 I would so use that as my wallpaper, if i didn't have my taskbar at the top. It messes with the writing. Thats amazing.
juna Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 Otaku Artist Elite, [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26429"]Link[/URL] I really like the colour job, the light coming through the trees onto the branches are my fave, great work! ^_^
DarK DeatH Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 I didn't mean what program, but what tool... Like, brush? lasso? what do you use? Because it is really neat dude.
mystikal Posted July 7, 2003 Author Posted July 7, 2003 oh, I used lasso to select and fill the area, then use brush to do all the shadows. I used one fo the dry media brushes to do the leaves,and the rest of the shading is all done by the fading-looking brush. So OAE is a group or something? What do they do?
eleanor Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 [size=1] Otaku Artists Elite. Chris already picked some people, but right now he's holding a contest and we're going to pick the top five winners.[/size]
Sara Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 [size=1]Ooh--so pretty! That's simply amazing. A-maze-ing. *gives you a smiley sticker* I adore your photoshop skills.[/size]
treton_noir Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 that is really really awesome. i really like how you did the shadows and light. that is some really nice work.
Sara Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 [size=1]And I actually really like the leaves. Very June-ish. Summer and sunlight. ^_^ June is a good month.[/size]
mystikal Posted July 7, 2003 Author Posted July 7, 2003 i don't like june o_o its weather stinks. but I am glad that the sunlights actually looked like sunlights, not blobs of weird looking glowing bugs.
Kaola Su Posted July 8, 2003 Posted July 8, 2003 Well, it depends, in June where you live what season is it? Summer where I live, but I know where Dark Death lives it is Winter so I guess that changes everything! But I love summer! But I also agree they look very June-ish!! But I like it! Love, KS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now