Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Does anyone know when they will be coming out(i've heard end of august) and does anyone have a idea what cards will be in it?

/hopes for black luster soldier =)

thanks
Posted
The first editions, according to ToyWiz, come out on the 17th July.

I'm guessing (and hoping) it contains the sets with Jackal Paladin in it- I think that's more likely than BLS, I'm afraid.
Posted
Black Luster and Magician of Black Chaos might be released as promo cards seeing as how they are only Ultra or Super rare cards from the premium packs in Japan.
Posted
The entire set has been revealed thanks to abctoy4me.com (just check under yugioh, then singles, and then Pharaonic Guardian). Whatever there is, it doesn't look like there's much reason to get this set at all.
Posted
Yup, Jackal Paladin is in there. But with a different name, but I must say this set does look like it could start giving us more varity of decks. Like LOD did with some boosters with Warriors and Dragons. This might help with fire and some other decks. I don't know I'm just rabmling because this set looks impressive to me.
Posted
So, uh...any gamebreaking warriors in PG, aside from that dude with the White Magical Hat effect? I just wanna' know if I should leave open some slots in my warrior beatdown deck...
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Actually Azure, there is much reason to get this set. --;

SHS alone makes it good, Lava Golem, etc.
Posted
About Ring of Destruction- Maybe I'm missing something, but since it inflicts equal damage to both players in addition to destroying the monsters, wouldn't it just be easier to use Bottomless Trap Hole or even normal Trap Hole? If you're both hurt equally, it doesn't seem like you'd get ahead any.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Destruction Ring is a staple in the JP metagame. Now don't go dissing that too because you don't understand its uses.

For one thing, D-Ring can stop gamebreaking cards under 1000 attack points, which is what will come in the upcoming sets. Bottomless Trap Hole is too specified, as with D-Ring you can finish a game if you have the opponent to under 2000 LP almost instantly. --;
Posted
I was not dissing it; I was specifically asking for what it's use would be. (I knew I didn't understand, and so i asked to gain understanding; that's usually how it goes.) The only gamebreaking >1000 card I thought of off the top of my head was Exiled Force.

However, if I've got my opponent down to less than 2000 points, wouldn't I have control of the match already? I can see how DR is powerful, but I'd hardly call it a staple.
Posted
Personally I think the set offers a lot more cards to have, like Reckless Greed, Soul Hunting Spirt a.k.a. Spirit Reaper, Lava Golem, Bell of destruction. This set just offers you a lot more fun cards to toy around with. I mean yes LOD had some good ones like Freed, Exiled Forces etc. But with PGD we'll probably get much much more. And thank god we don't have any more of those annoying spirit types! *Kills Inaba White Rabbit* I mean there's a common card that is much like Injection Fairy Lily which is really cool his attack is increased by 2400 during the damage step which is really good. Its called 8-Claws Scorpion.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]I was not dissing it; I was specifically asking for what it's use would be. (I knew I didn't understand, and so i asked to gain understanding; that's usually how it goes.) The only gamebreaking >1000 card I thought of off the top of my head was Exiled Force.

However, if I've got my opponent down to less than 2000 points, wouldn't I have control of the match already? I can see how DR is powerful, but I'd hardly call it a staple. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually when a monster is summoned, the monster's inherent effects if chosen to be activated come first before any traps may be activated.

D-Ring is a staple because it can stop a monster dead in its tracks while working with direct damage. You may receive damage too, but if your opponent is down one monster, open for a direct attack, and his LP is already lowered, its easier to hit him harder and faster.

If an opponent clears your monster and you are reaching the end of a duel, with your resources already used up, Waboku/Mirror/Cylinder etc., D-Ring just gives you another option.

If your opponent summons a major big hitter onto the field, like the new Chaos Soldier which will be released in approximately 2-3 English sets, or something like a Masked Beast, wouldn't you rather blow it up and have both players take damage, while him having wasted all his resources to summon that monster, instead of having to deal with a 3200/1800 monster for the next few turns?
Posted
I see; that is powerful. However, I'm naturally cautious when people tell me a new card is a staple.

(I've been told, by experienced players, that Yata Garatsu is a staple, that Goblin Attack Force is a staple, that Injection Fairy Lily is a staple, Summoned Skull is a staple, etc. Apparently, some people cannot tell the difference between a strong card and a card that evey single deck can use. --;; )
Posted
Good point here. The only true staple out of those 4 is Yata Garasu. All others are far from being staples, even in beatdown, but THAT is my opinion.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Yata isn't a staple. He only belongs in hand control or hand lock decks. GST isn't a staple. Lily isn't a staple. Summoned Demon is definately not a staple.
Posted
Hey, what are the restrictions on the new cards going to be? I could see Hell Poemer being restricted...

Are any of the new cards going to be on the restricted or semi-restricted list?
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
No its not. Coming from someone who has most likely played 2 years more than you, and has already passed through the Myth. Age-301 type of metagame.

Yatagarasu is only meant for specific hand des. or hand locks only. And no, skilled players don't run hand manip. as a little sub-theme for any deck theme. --;

They have other uses, such as stallers in Scapegoat, SSoL, monster removal such as N. of Crossout, and Power of union.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...