OtakuBoards

Weird Stuff

XeEmO

I saw an avatar that was a lot bigger than they are allowed to be yet it wasn't blocked. Someone posted a picture of it here [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=428771[/url] . I also saw a banner just now that was 500 pixels high. The user got rid of it but it should have been blocked. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it but I just thought I would post it here.

Edit: The sig was 200 pixels high and 400 pixels wide. I was going to post it here as well but I guess you can't post pictures when you're editing.

[size=1] Mine always blocks me if I'm even 1 pixel over! So this is very wierd indeed.

On Windows XP it has an automatic resize image for any picture you post as your "avatar" for the loigon screen. Maybe OB could put a simple image resizing hack on. If it is simple or not i really don't know...[/size]

The program that checks the file checks it only once, and that is the very first time you put it up. The way to go around it is simply to put a legitimate file at the URL you are targetting. Then, after the first check, you can replace the target file with something illegal (meaning that it will still have the same URL, but the picture will be different). It's too obvious when someone does, so people easily will be caught.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not trying to tell people how to do things that are not allowed. Like I was curious, I think they want to know how things are possible that shouldn't be possible.