Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
James Clavelle's 'Shogun' is going to be on the Hallmark Channel at 9:00 pm tonight. Just thought somebody might want to know. Has anyone read the book?
Posted
^^ Thats a looooong movie, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I watched it when I was a first year Japanese student. It's pretty good.

Memorable Lines: "I'm not no damned sodomite!!"
Posted
I've always wanted to see it, but are they gonna show the entire miniseries tonight?

Oh, if you didn't already know, it seems they're making a movie called "The Last Samurai", which is coming out this December. From what I saw of it, it and Shogun are very similar.:D
Posted
Tom Cruise can't possibly ruin the movie, I hope. But I do know that I'll be first in line to see it. At least on my street. And, Sadclown, you had a Japanese class? What was it in, HS or college? WW2: it's from nine to eleven, so I'm not sure. They might have condensed it down a lot. I just hope that it's as good as I've heard.
Posted
I heard some where that they cut up the original Shogun Miniseries, and made it into a 2 hour movie. Maybe thats what they're gonna show tonight.

On a side note I've taken 3 years of Japanese at my highschool. But the only Samurai movie we watched was Seven Samurai, which was good in its own right.
Posted
Well WW2, thank God; it's the miniseries. It'll be on until at least Wednesday. The first two hours weren't exactly as good as I thought, but it was pretty goodfor the time it was made in. I was kind of surprised in the beginning when (no spoiler) the samurai decapitated the fisherman; It's not what you'd expect from a seventies/eighties sort of thing (not sure). Can't wait for tonight, the preview looked pretty good.

And, 'Seven Samurai'? When was it made, who made it, was it any good...? I needs the details! :excited:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Battosai [/i]
[B]And, 'Seven Samurai'? When was it made, who made it, was it any good...? I needs the details! :excited: [/B][/QUOTE]

You never heard of Seven Samurai???!!:eek:

It's one of Akira Kurosawa's best samurai flicks. But it's really old, made around the 40's I think. Never the less its still very good. You ought to check it out.:D
Posted
Made in the forties? That's probably why I haven't seen it. I don't get to see that many old flicks that aren't about either World War 2 or some cheap detective movie. I'll try and find it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...