Phantom Posted July 21, 2003 Posted July 21, 2003 I recently found out while reading a cool book, that samurai of all kind, shishi, daimyo, hatomoto, all kinds, would compose a death poem for their ritual/battle deaths. Well, I wrote mine and its dedicated to my ex girlfriend. ================================== Love, As strong as hate. Hate, As strong as love. Both, Present and living, Overpowering, Equalibrium, How love and hate, Can both dwell upon one, How love and hate, Can both fester within me, Its beyond reason. ---====--======-=-=-=--------------
DeviLina Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 i find myself in Love with this poem so much emotion and it was really well written short simple and to the point...nicely done
Mist Posted July 26, 2003 Posted July 26, 2003 [color=crimson][size=1] Hmmm...different from your usuals; you excluded [i]your[/i] perceptions on the matter. It's very nice, but I think I like it when your use your unmatched powerful descriptions.[/color][/size]
Phantom Posted July 27, 2003 Author Posted July 27, 2003 Thank yee and all yee represents. This poem was simple, beacause all death poems I have read are short and sweeet. mostly haiku unlike mine.
Mist Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinkoru [/i] [B]I like it but its no longer X g/f. :) [/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson][size=1] Ack...you guys are gettin' all gooey [i][b]already[/i][/b]? [/color][/size]
Japan Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 That is a very good poem. It really makes you think. Very well written
Guest ThePeacockAngel Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 Nice poem. Always glad to meet a fellow poet. For that matter a fellow morbid poet. *extends hand* Hi all, names Jess.
Guest Aznchick Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 Wow..that sounds good ^^ Your a talented writer...simple..yet full of emotion.very nice
Guest QueenOfTheRose Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 ooooo I love this poem:love: .......it reminds me of how i felt about my ex....very well put, take a bow my friend you deserve it.
Phantom Posted July 28, 2003 Author Posted July 28, 2003 Heh, this is the first time ive been praised this much in over a year. *Will make a more detailed hellish poem for sis Evie and will write a haiku for once*... ty all but the poetry I write is worth no merit.
Mist Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phantom [/i] [B]*sis Evie...*[/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson][size=1] *glares* It's Evelyn. Not Evie. Not even sis Evie. Evelyn or Sis; take your friggin' pick. Got it?[/color][/size]
Phantom Posted July 28, 2003 Author Posted July 28, 2003 Ah so along with the iq drop you also forgot to keep your rage inside while publicly posting. *pats your shoulder gently* The asylum really did you more bad than good. *grins*
Shinken Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 [I] I am to others A stranger compared to what I am to myself; My accomplishments Are all outsiders will see When I meet their glance. One's life, however, Cannot be accurately Measured in such ways. To be more precise, One must find within himself Fortitude and peace. The warrior's way is that of humility; The way of Shinken. [/I] If you know what "Shinken" means, you'll get it...
Phantom Posted August 1, 2003 Author Posted August 1, 2003 I dot know whatr shinken means but is it something like Bushido?
Shinken Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 It means "Believe Sword" or "Sword that Believes". Whaddya think of the poem?
Phantom Posted August 2, 2003 Author Posted August 2, 2003 It is a traditional haiku death poem. I would love to be able to write haiku in Nihhonese but I just dont have the linquistic knowlege that would even take years being Japanese yourself to measurably understand well. As to your poem I like it and it expresses what you strive to make understood by all. Good all-around job. Now Shinken is a pretty good word but when you said "The warrior' way" I instantly though of Bushido. But shinken has its own distinctive power.. I like it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now