Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I recently found out while reading a cool book, that samurai of all kind, shishi, daimyo, hatomoto, all kinds, would compose a death poem for their ritual/battle deaths. Well, I wrote mine and its dedicated to my ex girlfriend.

==================================

Love,
As strong as hate.

Hate,
As strong as love.

Both,
Present and living,
Overpowering, Equalibrium,

How love and hate,
Can both dwell upon one,

How love and hate,
Can both fester within me,

Its beyond reason.

---====--======-=-=-=--------------
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1] Hmmm...different from your usuals; you excluded [i]your[/i] perceptions on the matter. It's very nice, but I think I like it when your use your unmatched powerful descriptions.[/color][/size]
Posted
Thank yee and all yee represents. This poem was simple, beacause all death poems I have read are short and sweeet. mostly haiku unlike mine.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinkoru [/i]
[B]I like it but its no longer X g/f. :) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=crimson][size=1]


Ack...you guys are gettin' all gooey [i][b]already[/i][/b]? [/color][/size]
Guest ThePeacockAngel
Posted
Nice poem. Always glad to meet a fellow poet. For that matter a fellow morbid poet. *extends hand* Hi all, names Jess.
Guest Aznchick
Posted
Wow..that sounds good ^^ Your a talented writer...simple..yet full of emotion.very nice
Guest QueenOfTheRose
Posted
ooooo I love this poem:love: .......it reminds me of how i felt about my ex....very well put, take a bow my friend you deserve it.
Posted
Heh, this is the first time ive been praised this much in over a year. *Will make a more detailed hellish poem for sis Evie and will write a haiku for once*... ty all but the poetry I write is worth no merit.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phantom [/i]
[B]*sis Evie...*[/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson][size=1]


*glares*


It's Evelyn. Not Evie. Not even sis Evie. Evelyn or Sis; take your friggin' pick. Got it?[/color][/size]
Posted
Ah so along with the iq drop you also forgot to keep your rage inside while publicly posting. *pats your shoulder gently* The asylum really did you more bad than good. *grins*
Posted
[I] I am to others
A stranger compared to what
I am to myself;

My accomplishments
Are all outsiders will see
When I meet their glance.

One's life, however,
Cannot be accurately
Measured in such ways.

To be more precise,
One must find within himself
Fortitude and peace.

The warrior's way
is that of humility;
The way of Shinken. [/I]

If you know what "Shinken" means, you'll get it...
Posted
It is a traditional haiku death poem. I would love to be able to write haiku in Nihhonese but I just dont have the linquistic knowlege that would even take years being Japanese yourself to measurably understand well.

As to your poem I like it and it expresses what you strive to make understood by all. Good all-around job. Now Shinken is a pretty good word but when you said "The warrior' way" I instantly though of Bushido. But shinken has its own distinctive power.. I like it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...