Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, I may be a lot of things, but one hobby I like is photography. Kind of weird since I never have a picture of myself (which I will get very soon). But anyways, I especially like taking pictures of things that give me a feel for adventure. Like today, I saw a storm in the distance, light beams coming down from the break in the clouds. I live in Michigan, USA, but it reminded me of England or something. It was beatiful. Then it rained on me and I scrambled home. :(

I wish my camera had film.

But as such, I am gettng back into photography as a hobby. Anyone else like this stuff?

(Maybe this should go in the pictures forum? I dunno :<)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragon Warrior [/i]
[B]Well, I may be a lot of things, but one hobby I like is photography. Kind of weird since I never have a picture of myself (which I will get very soon). But anyways, I especially like taking pictures of things that give me a feel for adventure. Like today, I saw a storm in the distance, light beams coming down from the break in the clouds. I live in Michigan, USA, but it reminded me of England or something. It was beatiful. Then it rained on me and I scrambled home. :(

I wish my camera had film.

But as such, I am gettng back into photography as a hobby. Anyone else like this stuff?

(Maybe this should go in the pictures forum? I dunno :<) [/B][/QUOTE]ABOUT THAT BEAM OF LIGHT EVERY TIME i'VE SEEN THAT SIGHT SOMEON DIES I BELIVE IT'S A SPIRIT GOING TO HEAVEN....
Posted
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][B]Yet, another similarity that you and I have Dragon Warrior...

Anywho I used to be really into photography. I used to take pics of everything! I was really good too.
Then I kind of grew out of it when we moved last year, but I'm beginning to get into it again.

To know the truth, just a few minutes ago I was walking around with our digital camra taking pics outside, and yes, at one o'clock in the morning.
But I don't really like digital camras, they just don't take the kind of pictures I like. I like regualr camras better.

It's too bad my camra doesn't have film. Actually my mom stopped buying it for me because I was using up like ten rolls a week.

So anyways I know what you mean...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Posted
Yeah. I'm gonna buy a new roll tomorrow when I go to my acting thingy. Then I shall take pictures again! And one of myself! Booyah! If these awesome thunderstorms keep up near my house, I'll have a great set of new pics.
Posted
I took a photography class in high school, and have to say it was pretty cool.
I got to learn how to develop film, enlarge pictures, and other cool stuff.

Hell, I even made a working camera out of a cardboard box.:D
Posted
Dude. Cardboard box, you say? That's nifty. I could sure use that knowledge sometime. But for now, I have a good camera to get the work done. Let's just see how good of a photographer I am.

I'd never take a class, though :< It's a hobby for me.
Posted
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][B]A cardboard box!?! I wish I knew how to, it could come in handy knowing that sometime. I'm with DragonWarrior, I don't think I'd take a class either, unless I got really serious about it, right now it's just a fun hobby.

In reply to Dragon Warrior, thunderstorms and rains showers are especially nice to photograph.
But, Ice storms are awesome to get photos of! I have a phto I took when I was six or five of an icestorm we were in, back in good ole' Corinth, Mississippi. It looks excellent, and it was a cool experiance. Too bad I can't find it...>.<

I so wish I had film *envy* then I could get rid of this cursed Digital camra !!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Posted
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][B]I don't bug you, but I like some others, have wondered what you really look like =_=. So enjoy yourself tomorrow and take a some really great pics. ^-^[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Posted
'Tis Zoe. I shall take a shot of her and my sister's cat Arwyn. Two animals that are quite crazy. Then my dog Skylar's goofy too. She wags that tail of hers so hard that it literally is EXTRODINARILY painful when it hits you. Ouchies... I'll take one of her too, probably.
Posted
Yeah. Clouds are great to take shots of. Especially yesturday's. Not only did I have those storm clouds, but I had large, white whispy ones off to each side. They looked like they were from some place like the kingdom in the Lion King XD It was cool.

Anyways, I've gotta go pretty quick to my acting thing. I'll pick up some film in town.
Posted
[color=sky blue]i plan to be a photographer when i grow up. I'm not sure what i'll specialize in, but i like landscapes. The only downside is that would also requier traveling.

oh, and taking pictures of dogs (atleast mine) is difficult. They shy away from the camera, because they don't know what it is.

I have taken a class though, it lasted a week last summer. It was great fun and i won a competition with my photos at the end of the week.

I think its really cool to know that there are other people who are into photography. There are so many people that attend my school and claim "i want to be a photographer when i grow up!" and then they do nothing about it. I haven't seen any portfolios or cameras, and the only time they mention it is when we take tests that tell us what jobs we would do best in. The counselors even ask them "Have you done anything about becoming a photographer?" and they come up with "well i take pictures a lot" PSH! thats pathetic...anyways, i'm just ranting, but i'm really into photography as well. SO, yeah..[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][B]Well, GreenEyedDragon, I hope you make it! That would be cool if you became a really famous one. Heh.

I don't rightly know what I want to be, never have, I don't have a clue what I'd be good enough in to get some money...^-^[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I LOVE taking pictures! ^ .^
Everytime I, or someone I know has a camera, I always end up taking it, and taking billions of pictures with it. Usually, I like taking pictures of landscapes, since I always seem to shake or press the button too late when I'm taking pictures of friends. ^^;

Now that I have a digital camera, I've been going totally crazy with my new toy. ^______^[/color] [/size]
Posted
I want a digital camera ;_;

But for now, it's plain old camera for me. I wish I got that film today -.- I was doing my workout (I live in the countryside) and I looked up and saw a rainbow cascading out of the clouds. They were so fluffy ^_^

Damn, I despise not having film XD
Posted
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][B][FONT=arial]I know exactly how you feel, Dragon Warrior, I walked outside of church after our wednesday night get together and the sky was soooo pretty, orange, purple, and hints of robin's egg blue. It was awesome...it's something like that, that makes you wish you had film...>.<[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I like taking pictures but I hate getting pictures of myself. haha! I took some pictures of my friend when she wasn't expecting it. HAHA! She looks so funny! I took them so I could look at them and laugh and remember her. I just moved last month.
My aunt is doing photography as a profession. I used to want to do professional stuff but now I'm thinking of other stuff for my main career.
Posted
[color=crimson] i Love taking pictures

never took a class or anything but i do enjoy taking as well as being in pictures!

i have a digi-cam so film isn't a problem too often for me

i just use the internal memory if i run out on my card...whatever :rolleyes: [/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...