Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Help, please! I'm getting annoyed...

Who should I talk to about a problem I am having with an OB user who keeps on sending me emails (NOT PM's) about coming to his anime forums site? It's very annoying... and it's not the first time it has happened.... shrug, thought someone would like to know also.... don't want to get anyone in trouble, I would like it to stop though....

Thanks for any assistance you can give me... ^_^
Posted
Well,I really don't know,but you could tell a mod,Juna.Have you asked him to stop?If you had you should tell a mod.

Also the reson he is not using pming is because you have to wait to send a other pm.That may be it.i don't really know how e-mail works,so sorry I couldn't be of really any help.
Posted
[color=red][size=1]Best thing, like aYokano said, would probably be to inform a mod - but I don't know how much they'd be able to do in regards to "email"... this isn't like it's just spammy PMs... email is a different thing entirely, they have no control over what mails people send to each other outside of OB.

What I suggest is blocking the email address the mails are coming from, that way whoever it is can send as many as they like, they'll all either bounce or just get deleted before you see them.

Either that or change email addresses. But I know I wouldn't want to leave my email address behind ^_^

What I have is two email addresses. One of them I use ALL the time, and if I get too many spammy mails coming into it, I just close that account and change addresses - I use the second one for all my friends, so if I do change email addresses, I don't need to tell them all where I've gone - maybe that'll be something worth doing in the future? ^_^;;[/color][/size]
Posted
Eh, ya, I could add em to my black list, shrug.... Just thought that maybe the Mods would want to know so maybe someone could ask him to stop trying to get people to go to his site through emailing them from OB.... shrug. Thanks for all the advise.... ^_^
*Address added to black list*
Posted
Do you remember the email addy? What does it say in the emails? What name is in the Sent By field?

I've got a feeling I know who it is.
Posted
Profile. Edit Options. Hide Email Address? Yes.

I would have recommended this as being the very first thing you should have done when you joined. Unless you want people from this board IMing you, it's a good thing to do in case something like this happens. At this point in time, the person probably knows your email address though, so the best thing you can do is block the address. It may not even be anyone from these boards, though it won't really matter after you block him.
Posted
[color=#707875]Well, even though there's an email link on OB, email is obviously something that takes place off OB. So email isn't our responsibility.

If the member were spamming you via PM, that'd be a different story. So, I recommend asking the member to stop...or blocking their email address.[/color]
Posted
Nod - I've added the user to my black list and I've hidden my email address as suggested (thanks! ^_^)

I know it's not OB's responsibility, didn't mean to sound as it was.. heh, just wanted to post this cause it was annoying and I was wondering if it was happening to anyone else... shrug.

Quick related question, when someone signs up for an account, by default is the email adddress hidden or shown...? I forget if I had changed mine. If by default it is shown, maybe for the new version, we can change that; if it's hidden, just ignore this babbling...hehe

Shanks again for all the advise...
Poison Tounge: hehe, I'll PM you with who was writing me... don't want to trash anyone's name... laf.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...