Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I love techno music. I have several cds upstairs, and I listen to them a lot. I love dancing to techno music. It is a lot of fun. Techno never gives me a head ache and it makes me feel better too.
Posted
Once again, "techno" is a specific type of electronic music. I have a dj friend who will literally flip out if he hears someone use the word to describe dance music in general. Anyways this is my opinion. Anything you hear on the radio is not the real thing. It's just some unoriginal dj trying to make money off the recent mass marketing to the pop culture audience. It takes a while to really figure out what the different genres are and what is good and what is not. DNB(drum&bass) and jungle are really close to answer JY's question. If you want to hear some good artists check out my list:
Dieselboy
Aphrodite
Avalanches
Bad Boy Bill
DJ Irene
Frankie Bones
Richie Hawtin
Cirrus
Doormouse
AK1200
Timo Maas
DJ Venom
Posted
[color=#707875]Techno is a pretty general term, it was created by an American DJ in the 1980's. I forget his name now, though.

These days, the term has come to reflect a wider variety of music. But I wouldn't classify "dance" as techno, for sure.

For those interested in less "rave" type stuff, I have some more recommendations.

Free*Land - Big Wednesday
Junkie XL - Beauty Never Fades (Animatrix Edit)

Yes, these are both from The Animatrix soundtrack, which I just bought recently. They're wonderful though. ~_^[/color]
Guest Fiasco
Posted
Well, I'm weird about techno...I mean, some songs I like and all. But the reason why I said I like it is because I wanted to learn to rave. Which I can do now, I like it, I do it when I'm bored or just walking around. It's fun stuff. Although I'm not as good as some of my friends but I can still do the basic stuff. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...