Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
which anime would u like to see as a movie? i mean a movie with actors not voice actors.

i would love to see trigun, outlaw star, cowboy bebop, and ruriouni (sp?) kenshin as a movie
Posted
Personally I think converting any good anime series into a live action movie, is a very bad idea.
This is because that in this translation you lose the elements that made the anime so great.

No actor, special effect, or camera effect can replicate the feeling of seeing your favorite stories animated.
They should just leave them alone, since they're already good to begin with.

This may seem complicated, but thats just my opinion.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Personally I think converting any good anime series into a live action movie, is a very bad idea.
This is because that in this translation you lose the elements that made the anime so great.

No actor, special effect, or camera effect can replicate the feeling of seeing your favorite stories animated.[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. Animation is just such a different media than live movies with real actors. I mean ... you will never find a guy as hot-yet-goofy-yet-suave as Vash. Nor can a real life actor catching donuts while evading machine guns have the same hilarious effect as a cartoon guy doing it.

I think that live-action efforts of animated series are pretty darn amusing, though, for that very reason. Like, real-life girls seldom fill out cute little police outfits as well as animated girls ... but it's funny to see them try. ;) Hm, I suppose that was kind of cruel.
Posted
i understand exactly what u guys mean, but not all animes do that even though i did pick three animes that do that quite often. but such animes like cowboy bebop and dragon ball z , i think, would do a great cross over. only problem would be the ppl who fill the part and getting the hair right
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by noodleboy [/i]
[B] only problem would be the ppl who fill the part and getting the hair right [/B][/QUOTE]

The hair doesn't make the character. The actors would have to be able to replicate the animated character's personality, and the elements that made them who they were.

I really don't think any actor can take the place of Spike, Vash, Kenshin, nor any other great animated personality.

But again, this is just my opinion.

:D
Posted
[size=1] And yet Hollywood is using anime as a new way to get more money. ADV films are already making a live-action Evangelion movie, and there's rumors of a live action Akira and Sailor Moon. ::shudders::

OK, so there's a possiblity that these movies could come out good. I've seen the promo picture for the live Evangelion, and I admit it. They look pretty darn good. But I think if you ever change an animation to a real life movie, it looses something special.[/size]
Posted
I read in an anime mag that FOX is coming out with a DBZ movie and an Ninja Scroll live action movie. Lets just say i have a grenade ready...
Posted
[size=1] [i]Great...[/i] I'm hoping that this anime fad will soon be over. I don't think it's a good idea to do this to any anime movie, whether the live-action one is good or not.

But then again, it would be kinda cool to see it if it was really good. O_o[/size]
Posted
I don't really want to see an anime turned into a movie. Only because it would ruin what makes the anime an anime. For example...InuYasha. I saw a picture of this guy and girl dressed up as Inuyasha and Kagome. The guy looked very scary. Inuyasha isn't supposed to be scary. Plus, the voices will all be messed up, and the scenes would be impossible to recreate.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]I read in an anime mag that FOX is coming out with a DBZ movie and an Ninja Scroll live action movie. Lets just say i have a grenade ready... [/B][/QUOTE]

It'll be so stupid! I mean I'm not a big fan of big o, but seeing big robots fighting in real life, not even Hollywood could pullthat off. But U, Double_B_Daigo, I wouldn't use a grenade, I would use a army tank.:devil: :flaming: :mad: :cussing: :angry2: :modrod: :bash: :blowup: :flush:
Scary, aint it! *Giggles* :naughty:
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I prefer my anime to be just that: anime. I'm not a big fan of the live action stuff, so I'd be a little bit afraid of what could happen. There's just alot of things that you can't pull off in live action, no matter how many special effects you add.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] And yet Hollywood is using anime as a new way to get more money. ADV films are already making a live-action Evangelion movie, and there's rumors of a live action Akira and Sailor Moon. ::shudders::

OK, so there's a possiblity that these movies could come out good. I've seen the promo picture for the live Evangelion, and I admit it. They look pretty darn good. But I think if you ever change an animation to a real life movie, it looses something special.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

No offense to Eva fans, but I think they'd be adding to it making it into a movie, seriously the only decent character was Penpen. Although this is just my opinion probably influenced greatly by me not liking Shinji all that much *chuckles*.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1]
Great... I'm hoping that this anime fad will soon be over. I don't think it's a good idea to do this to any anime movie, whether the live-action one is good or not..[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that this "anime fad" is a result of the huge box office boom they're getting from transfering all those comics into movies. Things such as 'X-Men' and 'The Hulk' and 'Batman' have been huge smashes (well most of em) and I think that film makers are just trying to progress from that. I personally think that it would be interesting to see them turned into live action...I mean, if you don't like it you don't have to watch it right? ^_^
Posted
[size=1] Naw, whether or not you like Eva or not, I don't think Hollywood will be able to pull off all the Eva units and fight scenes correctly. Or, capture the small bits of Evangelion that make it different.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] Naw, whether or not you like Eva or not, I don't think Hollywood will be able to pull off all the Eva units and fight scenes correctly. Or, capture the small bits of Evangelion that make it different.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

True, there is just something in anime that cannot be captured anywhere else, even if it were simply drawn in a western style I think it would lose something, I have to agree with you there. I wonder if Kaoru and Shinji's relationship will be the same in this movie, if you know what I mean *chuckles*.
Posted
Well, Batman, The Hulk, and X Men were easy to pull off. But just think, seeing InuYasha as a movie! The graphics(sp?) would never compare to anime. I mean theres just some movies even Hollywood can't do. But if they made regulare(sp?) anime movies, (like still in anime form) that would be alright.
Posted
actually inuyasha could be pulled off... but i think it would far to creepy for most of the fans...now thinking about it most animes that deal with demons and such would become a horror instead of action because they would work on more what they look like then what they say.....but i still would love to see them try to pull it off

graphics shouldn't be a problem i mean did u see the hulk
Posted
*shrugs* i just think u guys should have more faith in hollywood... and i understand that if and when hollywood gets their hands on anime they will change it but change isn't always bad... but u will most likely lose the humor
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by noodleboy [/i]
[B]*shrugs* i just think u guys should have more faith in hollywood...[/B][/QUOTE]

After the Hulk and Daredevil.....I lost it....lol.

Well,I really don't want to see a anime movie into a live action movie.If it is short,like Blue Sub. 6,I guss it could be turned into a movie.

Now,I am not saying I won't see a anime movie.I would really like them to see them pull off EVA or even Big O....that would be cool.I would only be awed be the effects....but...I really don't know if they can but a long series would never be done good.Lupin III would be a ok one,because it's series is like american shows.So that's all I can really say....*puts hands in pokects and walks off*
Posted
i wouldn't think they would shorten it they would just focuse on the big things from the show. the episodes that have the biggest immpact. and cut out the episodes where it doesn't ever effect the show. OR they get creative and take that character and put him or her into a different situation, so basically they leave the anime show or movie alone. like they did with ninja resurrection and onimusha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...