Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
My parent's both like anime. My mother likes the cute girly romance kind and my father likes just about every thing else. My mother is asian so of course she likes it and my father grew up watching Speed Racer, and he was a big fan of Aeon Flux or whatever.

I was just wondering if anyone else's parents like anime. It makes me mad somethimes cause my dad doesn't like me staying up late to watch adult swim when he does.
Posted
Wow... lucky you... my parents are both Japanese, and they grew up watching anime, reading mangas, and all that, but they are incredibly strict when it comes to me watching anime... my mom is rather lax but with my dad around... i can't even attempt to watch DBZ without him saying that animes will make me lose grip on reality.
Posted
Heh. As with many parents (that I know) of the Caucasian descent, it breaks up as follows for me:

Dad likes Speed Racer and looks at it to reminisce, but prefers old Godzilla movies.

Mom is indifferent to anime, but only watches if there's nothing else better on TV.

...That's good 'cause they don't know how.. *ahem* anime can be at times. If they knew it had language (plus the nudity and gore) they would burn all of my DVDs.. -_-
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, my mom will watch it sometimes, but not really my dad. He doesn't ever have a chance to really. My mom loved Fushigi Yugi, though. She would watch it with us everytime we got a new volume. And she used to record Pokemon for us too when me and my sisters were into that. We haven't watched any together in a long time, though...and that makes me sad...oh well.[/color][/size]
Posted
Hrm... My Mom and Dad don't really watch Anime... and My mom Dosn't like that fact that i do. she calls it Junk.. and i should spend my money on more useful things....I work... and it's not like i spend my check on all Anime...I don't really care what they think of the Anime i watch... I'm old enought to watch Gore and language.
Posted
[color=indigo]Heh, I've gotten my dad hooked to Cowboy Bebop. Im actually going to visit my folks this weekend and I am bringing "Knockin' on Heaven's Door (CB the movie)". I think he is more excited about seeing the movie than he is about seeing me :p[/color]
Posted
My mom doesnt care if I watch anime but she doesnt like it, she says its pointless and they talk like old kung fu movies, my dad doesnt like anything except for stock market, gun games war movies and being a chef... *sigh* only two of my cousins anime.
Posted
[size=1][color=blue]My dad introduce me to Speed Racer at a pretty young age but now he really doesn't have time to watch anime anymore. He really liked the animatrix as well. He will occasionally sit down and watch whatever anime im watching with me but not very often. My mom calls anime kiddy and doesn't know why I watch them but she doesn't really care. Both my parents are pretty leniant with what I watch. They look at ratings but think im mature enough to handle it which is great.[/size][/color]
Posted
I got my mom hooked on watchin Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho and i think its pretty funny cause right when she was watchin the news or something me and my sister would turn the channel to watch anime shows and my mom had no choice but to watch it with us and she kinda got hooked on those 2 shows.haha!!!l8ta.
Posted
My parents kinda like anime. My mom likes to watch Kenshin on CN but does other things at the same time like washing dishes, cooking dinner, etc. so she just knows who the characters are but not too much of what the show is actually about. My dad always reads the paper or reads magazines when watching the TV so he rarely gets to see what's so special about anime. The only time i've truly seen my parents enjoy an anime was when we rented "Spirited Away" last month. Both of them enjoyed but my dad truly loved it and became an instant Miyazaki fan. He said he would like to see all his movies. I guess thanks to Miyazaki gifted talent in film-making, my parents are slowly starting to take an actual liking to anime in general.
Posted
My parents sort of like anime. My mom likes Tenchi. She thinks its sort of funny. I remember she said come watch the movie with us(meaning her and my sister) I was about to say no when she said OR ELSE so I said "EEP!" and watched the movie with her. It was funny though when my mom said close your eyes!!! I asked why and she said JUST DO IT. And I closed my eyes and my grandma walked in and screeched NAKED BODIES!!! It scared me and I stood up and tripped over a dog bone. Whoops. My dad wouldn't care less as to what I watch. And my grandpa likes anime!!! He kept watching InuYasha and Yu Yu Hakusho with me. I was a bit scared.
Posted
My grandpa likes anime too. Everytime I go over to his house he says "Hey, are any of them japanese cartoons on?" And of course I jump to the oppurtunity not just because I love anime, but because I don't have cable or anything to watch the anime on! *sobs*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...