Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Changing of the Guards - Ottawa


Recommended Posts

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
They do it every monday-friday in the summer time. I decided to go this morning.

It's really amazing. If you're ever in Ottawa and you're staying you should check it out. It's at around 9:30am or 10:00am and goes on for like 20 or 30 minutes.

I got a picture of a nice dog. Here I'll upload it.

I'm uploading a small movie clip it's only about 10 megabites. I'll post the link later.

Anyways they have muskets I think and a knife at the end. They change the old guard with the new guard and they check the guns to see if they are clean. Also they play instuments. Really nice. It looks like they are lacking balance when they walk. Looks like they are going to fall over. :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is a big part of Canada's history. I love my country.
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]Wouldn't the "knife on the end" be called a bayonet? Or is that only an American term....*scratches his head*

Anyways I've seen it once, it was rather interesting, I personally love anything that does with military. Everything is so clean, crisp, respectful, and to the point. No jumping around avoiding the question.

Anyways cute dog! ^.^[/COLOR]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
Nope it's not a pointed stick and it's not just American. An actual knife that is removable I think ;).

Here's the movie.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/ill/thimages/changing_of_guards.MOV[/url]
Posted
[color=deeppink]::huggles the dog and steals it, along with the woman's necklace::

I realized that I'm really ignorant about Canada. I don't really know anything about your history or what goes on up there. No big news seems to reach us about Canadian escapades or tragedies. Is your country really that peaceful?

I've only ever been to Windsor for dinner...that's the extent of my Canadian experiences.[/color]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
Canada is the best and biggest country in the world. By the way... if you watch the movie see if you can spot me ;).
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
I realized that I'm really ignorant about Canada. I don't really know anything about your history or what goes on up there. No big news seems to reach us about Canadian escapades or tragedies. Is your country really that peaceful?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red][size=1][B]Me too,BabyGirl,I haven't even been there,lol.

Sounds cool,you know what....I'll ad it to my magic to do list!

[I]Steal Tare panda avatar and wait for Ohkami's brithday[/I]
[I]Start to read Chobits because of that girl[/I]....*thinks of name*....[I]Chii[/I]
[I]Ottawa, 9:30am or 10:00am ,summer[/I]

Ok......

Also I don't think you took that picture for the dog,Taylor ^_~[/COLOR][/size][/B]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by aYokano [/i]
[B][COLOR=red][size=1][B]
Also I don't think you took that picture for the dog,Taylor ^_~[/COLOR][/size][/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

Finally somebody finally figured it out. I have another angle if you want but it only shows one "puppy".

---

Ok time for some Canada trivia! Who knows who Canada's first Prime Minister's was?

---

P.S. if you look you can see the dog is wearing nail polish.
Posted
[size=1]That's so easy! John Macdonald... well, Sir John Alexander Macdonald actually but ya know. His borthday's 5 days after mine! His is January 10th and mine's the 5th!

Oooo! I think i've been to that Ottawa thing. Ottawa [i]is[/i] my favourite place in the world. :) (I live in Toronto).


Ciao!


-=§=- :wave:[/size]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by §corpio [/i]
[B][size=1]That's so easy! John Macdonald... well, Sir John Alexander Macdonald actually but ya know. His borthday's 5 days after mine! His is January 10th and mine's the 5th!

Oooo! I think i've been to that Ottawa thing. Ottawa [i]is[/i] my favourite place in the world. :) (I live in Toronto).


Ciao!


-=§=- :wave:[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
I live in Toronto as well but I'm going back in about a week or so. By the way the question was towards americans or other countries. Oh well bah! :D
Posted
Taylor? As far as I remember, Russia remains the largest country in the world, However, Canada is no longer the coldest one, since Russia's southern parts are now independant countries :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LostProphet [/i]
[B]The dog is wearing Pink Nail Polish....I feel really sorry for it right about now *scratches his own dogs ears* [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree, the poor thing...
hmm, I live in Ottawa, and I find it interesting how some view it as exciting and stuff [maybe I'm just weird ^^;;]

IMO, the coolest place in Canada is Victoria. Now That place is awesome ^_^
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wondershot [/i]
[B]Hey, any of you ever been to Montreal? It's a cool place, no a lot of sightseeing, in my opinion, but the heart of the city is a great place to take a walk. It's a bit hot, given, but you can find almost anything downtown! Also, streetlights have almost no meaning to pedestrians, and it is one of the few places in Quebec where you can meet many english speaking folk. I go there whenever I want to buy an issue of Shonen Jump, or maybe a volume of manga. [/B][/QUOTE]
This has nothing to do with this topic and therefore is a violation of the rules. Chapter 7 section 4 page 741 paragraph 4 line 8.

"Thou shall not post something that has nothing to do with the topic or err or something like that wee lol what a funny commandment or such i think i will stop now" as told by the book of OB
---
No didn't Russia split up?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...