Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
i once found the fortune cookie paper on the floor in the middle of the street. it said, "you are a lover of words, one day you will write a book." i kept it, i don't know why, i just liked the way it sounded. i love the fortune cookie thing, never take it seriously though.
Posted
I have never had the pleasure of receiving a fortune cookie to see what message it contained, and apparently there is only one cafe in town that gives out fortune cookies. And I haven't been there. If I ever get the chance to crack a fortune cookie, I definately will, and I bet anyone with any money that I get some bad luck out of it.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Ah, speaking of Fortune cookies, I got let in on the Whitman family tradition. They don't say "in bed," they say "between the sheets." And everyone has to go around and read there's aloud and add that at the end. It was quite funny and we got to do it on two occassions while I was here in Oregon. I liked it...I think that's one thing I'll miss...Guess I'll have to start my own tradition.[/color][/size]
Posted
I always get stupid ones like "Your lucky number is 5". I guess some of these places skimp on the fortunes.

Your lucky number is 5 under the sheets is kind of eh. Maybe it means five girls is best. That's probably it.
Posted
[QUOTE]If you could write your own fortune, what would it say?[/QUOTE]

Well, most wouldn't be fortunes but, advice or something like that.
Some would probably be:

[I]"See with your heart"[/I]

[I]"Listen to that voice inside you"[/I]

[I]"Think with your mind so your eyes may see clearly"[/I]

I thought of those three and they're in my sig too.

This is something that my brother said to me and I found it to be true, well, in my case anyway.

[I]"Wishful thinking can get you into trouble"[/I]

So, what do you think?
Posted
I've had a cookie be right on occasion.When I was on vacation we got chinese and the fortune said "A new encounter will open doors to friendship".The next day,I met a guy on the beach and we've been emailing eachother ever since,crazyness.
Posted
hmm. some of them are funny and some of them relate to me at the time. I'm so sick of hearing the"you will get good news by mail." one though. I got one onetime that said something like "you will travel to a foreign country." wow. I feel special. My gram saves her fortune cookie fortunes. she likes them.
Posted
I recieved this one that said "Good fortune will come your way soon." And I got $20 from my gram the next day. When you add the "in bed" part,...I like that.
Guest spiderham
Posted
my parents own a resturant so we gotta lotta cookies and my friends come over every week to eat and one of them said u will cross great waters (in my pants) or (in bed) it works for song titles too
Posted
Fortune cookies....brought to you by the conglorate companies in the US who created it just to make Chinese-American food more "magical".:rolleyes: It's ironic that TV always makes fortune cookies bad, but I've never had a bad one in my life. Not even at this one place up the street where I live that I always get other bad fortunes by getting sick from their Chinese food. (Stupid MSGs!)

Of course...the weird stuff I'm saying about fortune cookies doesn't mean that they don't taste good...they are food after all.:p
Posted
I've read a bunch of fortune cookie notes, and my two favorites are:

"You will soon become more aware of your growing awareness."

And

"You would make a good lawyer."

I've always dreamed of getting the famous "That wasn't chicken" fortune. :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...