Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I couldn't tell you how it was because I haven't gone yet!I start band camp the 11th,I look very forward to it. I still have to get used to my new piccolo,and memorizing music,what a hassle!
Posted
I'm currently in band camp. I start my second week tomorrow. I hate it, but it's all fun once camp is over. Thanks to camp I have sun poisoning! And I was wearing sunscreen and everything!
Posted
Lol,I hope I don't get burned.I hope I like marching band.I hate football,why do i want to go to every single game?CRAZYNESSSSSSS!And like I'm gonna remember ALL that music!?I'm like,the ONLY freashman in my section,but the girls are real sweet.(Oh,and Kyle's alright too ^_~)
Posted
I've already had band camp, for school starts tuesday for us. So on the 14th of July band camp started. We have a small band with crappy instruments, because the school would rather pay money to the frickin football players, to get the **** knocked out of them.

So before I get on my soapbox, I'll just say I really enjoyed band camp, didn't die, and got a nice tan from it. Though I did get hoarse from yelling at the freshmen. Being Section Leader sucks, really it does. But another upside I met my girlfriend there. So I'm happy.
Posted
[color=purple] NERD CAMP ::twitches:: ?!?!?!?!?! Just kidding Im going to another music camp on the 21st at arrowbear music camp. (again) Yeah im a musical freak (i play the violin) [/color]
Posted
I just got back from camp today! I hate it! We were the best they had in years last year, (we were two spots away from state!) and well, they thought we'd be even better this year, but all the really good seniors left and our band shrunk to half it's size. And so they decided to take a jump and give us really hard music and drill, and now we just suck!!
Guest special edward
Posted
well that must suck band camp is supposed to be really hard
Posted
[color=purple]Last year it was really hard for me and this year it was easier. Its because i improved since last year yeah!!! ReTarr i feel sorry for you since your school de-proved, its like my school, we suck, we dont improve or anything a new year starts and we go back to the basics. Thats why im going to several music samps this summer, i mite even join a youth orchestra when school starts (i am an even bigger music freak now hahahaha) [/color]
Posted
I went to music camp once in high school (few years ago now) and have fond memories of it. Anyone been to NEMC? (It's a four-week camp ... I think ... I forget.)

Anyway, it was actually the most outdoorsy summer I had, contrary to what I expected. It was totally like, log cabins and you have to do at least two physical activities, and stuff like that. I met a couple of wonderful friends there ... who pretty much fell out of touch, but at least we had that summer, heh. Oh right, and there was a lot of music involved.

But I refuse to call it band camp, due of course to [i]American Pie[/i]. I play the flute though ... hm ... leaving now.
Posted
[color=deeppink]Er, Cheer Camp anyone? ::room falls silent, is stared at like a weirdo:: Hee :sweat:

Yeah, there was two years of cheer camp, what a horrific experience that was. Standing outside for four straight days under the blazing sun working your [i]asses[/i] off while the other teams pretend to be happy and peppy, just to win awards! Oh, gag me. Our team wasn't there for the "spirit", we were there to actually work and get better. (And, dammit, it paid off!)

Before anyone comments about cheerleading now...

I also am a long time attendee of a more geek-oriented camp. I started out going to the week-long camp for writing, poetry, and acting, and then just fell in love with the entire place. As I got older I ended up counseling for two years and would have done it again this year if I hadn't been back in California when they needed counselors. Oh, the fond memories...[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...