Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I (lamely) just noticed this. In the last episode of .hack//sign "The Eve" B.T mentions how she met Bear in the real world. Could this imply that they have or have had a relationship. I'm not sure. What do you smart people think?
Guest Tidal
Posted
hmmm I probly didn't see it cuz I missed the first 17 minutes of it but I think not
Posted
Hmm, good question. BT mentioned "The first time" she met him offline, and how she almost fell for his charming way of speaking (or whatever was said). Also, she seemed to have softened her attitude around him on Saturday's episode. There are two factors I can think of that make an answer hard.

1) When did they meet? A long time ago, or recently?
2) Are they still meeting?

Without those facts it is difficult to tell if they like each other (since Bear controls his emotions), or if Bear might just be a "rebound relationship" that BT is going for after being dumped by Crim.
Posted
Well, here's my theory..

Bear met B.T. online (probably on some MMORPG, if not The World) a while ago an eventually they were both in the same high school. Then they went from online friends to online and offline boyfriend and girlfriend.. Then eventually they broke up (Yeah, I think B.T. might be a little more friendly to her current boyfriend) and just stayed online friends. Why high school, you ask? Well, we see that one flashback to real life when a person that looks like B.T. got a card inviting her to a high school reunion, and she threw it away. Maybe that is because she doesn't want to see Bear in real life again, if they really were both in high school together..

But they still have some feelings for each other, it seems.. There was that one scene in an episode whose number escapes me where Bear was resting his head in B.T.'s lap. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people have [i]some[/i] feelings for each other before they go laying their head in someone's lap..?

And, there's also the element of Bear's son. Apparently, he was divorced from we don't know who.. But it's a possibility that that divorcee [i]could[/i] possible be B.T.. But that's just a far-off thought and small possibility..
Posted
Nice theory Sennen, but when you see a flash back of real world BT I dont think she is [spoiler] 46 [/spoiler] like Bear is. I think that they met in real life. And oddly, BT had a crush on him even though hes probably 20 years older (hey, it could happen) I think she thought he was charming, but after a while got it threw her head that he was too old and not her type. Then she though Crim was a sexy beast (I agree with her on that) But Crim dumped her (Yippy!)
Posted
OK KKC get over it CRim is not all that sexy *barfs*. But I think that BT and Bear might have something goin on. And Bear can't be that old. Or can he? Just kidding?
Posted
Well, your a guy HeavyBlade!! *sticks tongue out*
Oh yeah, you missed alot of .hack//sign episodes. Well, in episode uh.... 20? yeah, anyways, Crim asks Bear how old he is and Bear replys I'll be [spoiler] 47 [/spoiler] this year. Then Crim got into this discution of growing up. You can tell hes young... well, back to thread.
Yeah, you can tell there is a connection between the 2. Even when they get inot fights
Posted
But Bear IS sorta old.. In a sense. He's 46, just as KKC mentioned. I saw that episode as well... So, if you think of "old" as over forty, then yeah he is, but he's not literally old, as in 85...
Posted
if i were bear i wouldnt waste my time with BT. Such a shame he befriends some hag who needs friends but since for her they are rare she goes to middle aged men in online games
Guest Tical
Posted
In one ep it showed Bear and B.T. talking and she had his head in her lap...
Posted
>_< That was episode 10, also the episode when Crim has his shirt off *drools* anyways, Bear has known BT for a long time and she probably has something in real life that makes her act that way, like a loss in the family, or a sucky love life (i bet its that one) but, there is always a reason for someone being a *****. O_o did I just sorta kinda stand up for BT?!?! I hope not, because I still hate her.... *coughBitchcough*
Posted
I just had a disturbing thought. What if BT is a really kind and sweet person in real life? After all, people behave differently when online (such as on a forum :tasty: ). I think I need to find a BT doll to tear apart, just so I do not forget how I feel about her. *shudder*
Posted
[quote]I just had a disturbing thought. What if BT is a really kind and sweet person in real life? After all, people behave differently when online (such as on a forum ). I think I need to find a BT doll to tear apart, just so I do not forget how I feel about her. *shudder*[/quote] :twitch: Ugh... Bwah... C'mon, man! What was that?! I think I better use the treasury's money to use and make a "We Hate B.T." training program. And to think I respected you... :) Those are some healthy coughs President K.K.C. :laugh:

---End Smilie Transmission---

Yeah, I think I'm a little erratic today - or am I ecstatic? Actually, I'm erratic because I'm ecstatic... .... Anyway, I'm pretty clueless on this one. Don't you think they would have shown B.T. at least once in episode 10 if she had that kind of relation to Bear? Additionally, I don't think Bear would see Tsukasa first and foremost after "the (real-life) incident" with his son: he should have seen B.T. if she's the other parent.

Excuse me for the shallow explanation/analysis, but I think B.T. is easily charmed, and Bear's knowledge and way with words swept B.T. off her feet in "The World." However, upon visiting each other in real life, B.T. realized that the type of relationship she was aiming for wouldn't work (because of age). So, Bear and B.T. continued to be online friends, with Bear being completely unaware of B.T.'s pseudo-attraction to him. I think B.T. tries this trick with Crim, but Crim's had a similar experience: Subaru. B.T., aware of his closeness with Subaru, knows that Crim's the right age, and she's amazed at both his wit and skill. Luckily, Crim's too good for B.T., and drops her on the spot.

Haha, good times...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...