OtakuBoards

I have a q about FF7....

sia

ummmm this may sound kinda stupid but er...
where exactly are the GFs? lol
i got to disk 3 and now i have to start all over again because i only had 2 GFs. if you can help, who do you draw from?

heh sorry, had FF7 up there by mistake hehe

that would be ff8, not ff7, you draw gf's usually from bosses, but on disc 4 you have a chance to get them all back in case you missed them....

I remember only these....

elverot-siren (its the boss you fight on the communications tower at the start)

norg-leviathan (the boss in the basement of garden)

diablos (fight diablos by using magic lamp given to you by cid before going to timber, when defeated you get him as a gf)

cerberus (fight cerberus in galbadian garden, when defeated you get him as a gf)

bahamut (fight him in the deep sea research centre, beat him to win him as a gf)

ultima weapon-eden (draw eden from ultima weapon, who is in the basement of the deep sea research centre, be warned, ultima weapon is VERY hard to beat)

cactaur (on the map, go to the desert on the south, cactaur island, go to the green thing sticking out of the sand, you will fight jumbo cactaur, beat him to win him as a gf)

ifrit (I don't know how you can miss this, beat him to win him)

thats all I can remember at the moment....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sia [/i]
[B]ummmm this may sound kinda stupid but er...
where exactly are the GFs? lol
i got to disk 3 and now i have to start all over again because i only had 2 GFs. if you can help, who do you draw from? [/B][/QUOTE]

That's impossible... You have to get at least 3 GFs... Quistis gives you Shiva and Quezacotl, and you must beat Ifrit for the game to progress....

Anyway, I'll fill in the gaps for Sephy;

Brothers: Solve the drawbridge puzzle in the Tomb of the Unknown King. For an easy solution, take every right in the Tomb and you'll hit every important room in the tomb in the order you need to. Once you defeat the Brothers, they'll join you and you'll also get their Cards.

Carbuncle: Draw it from either one of the Iguions you fight during Edea's Parade in Disc 1.

Pandemonia: Draw it from the Boss, Fujin, in Balamb during Disc 2.

Alexander: Draw it from Edea during the final battle of Disc 2.

Doomtrain: Go to Tears' Point near Esthar and pick up the Solomon Ring. Now, collect 6 Steel Pipes, 6 Remedy+, and 6 Malboro Tentacles. You can get the Steel Pipes from Wendigos, Remedy+ from Alexander's Med LV Up Ability, and the Malboro Tentacles from Malboros. Once you've collected these Items, use the Solomon Ring and you will recieve Doomtrain as another GF.

Tonberry (Best GF in the game ~_^): You can find the GF Tonberry at the Centra Ruins. Tonberry, arguably, is the hardest GF to get in Final Fantasy VIII. At the first area of the Centra Ruins, you will find only Tonberry enemies. Your job is to defeat 18 to 22 Tonberries to make the Tonberry King appear. Sounds easy, right? Trust me, it isn't. Tonberries have around 20000 HP apiece, an attack called Chef's Knife that does 3000-4000 damage quickly, and a random counter-attack called Everyone's Grudge that does about 5000-6000 damage to a single character. You'll need an edge. First off, summon Diablos. Then, summon Cerberus. Then, cast Protect on everyone. Finally, pound away with Diablos until it dies. If you get dangerously low on HP, cast Curaga or use Recover. Once you defeat the right number of Tonberries, the Tonberry King will replace the last fallen Tonberry without giving you a chance to heal. He is much faster and stronger than normal Tonberries, and if you die, you have to start all over. Once you beat him, you get the Tonberry GF. Oh, and did I mention you get 0 EXP and 1 AP for defeating a single Tonberry? Heh heh heh. ^_^

(By the way, I don't follow that strategy. I use the ol' Meltdown/Lionheart combo, whilst keeping all my party members at low levels during the whole game... Much easier.. :) )

I'll fill in the gaps that flashy missed....

odin-do the puzzle in that weird place somewhere at the bottom of the map, there are a bunch of tonberries you fight in there, you have a time limit as soon as you step in, kill odin before the limit runs out and he's yours, and don't worry, he doesn't fight back, he just sits on his horse....

I'm sure there's more GF's, but I can't remember....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I'll fill in the gaps that flashy missed....
[/B][/QUOTE]

And I'll just fill in the gaps that Sephy-Wephy missed... ;)

Phoenix - Umm, ya get that Phoenix thing... Phoenix Spirit? No... I forget what it's called (Seph, help me out...), but you use it in battle, then Phoenix will appear randomly if all your Party members die...

[B]phoenix pinion, also I remember alexander is in the game, but can't remember where the hell you draw him from.... [/B][/QUOTE]

/me points to my post ^^

End of Disk 2, battle with Edea... Ring any bells?
You gotta remember the coolest GF every - Minimog! You'll need a pocketstation though... A rare possesion indeed...

[B]you forgot about chocobo, you use it when you throw a gyashal green at the enemy after doing the chocobo mini-quest.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh yes... Chocofire, ChocoComet, Chocobuckle... Isn't there another attack?

Also, you forgot Gilgamesh... You have to have Odin before the end of Disk 3 when you fight Seifer, or else you can't get him... I'd rather have Odin anyway though, because Gilgamesh sucks.. Although he has the Masamune, so... :D

[B]gilgamesh doesn't have masamune, he has zantetsuken, excalibur, excalipoor, and one I can't remember which he never uses for some reason, I have only seen him use it once.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm telling ya, it's Masamune... Or at least, he uses the Masamune.. Or something like that...

[B]no, I think they meant 8, just typed 7 instead by accident, there's no way you can go through the while of ff7 by findong only 2 summons.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm... It's possible... Shiva is the only Materia you are forced to get, correct?

[B]yeah, but there are summon that are right in front of you on the floor....

anyway, why would they say gf if they meant summon? use your common sense man.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I hope he was talkin about FF8... I don't want to post up a whole FF7 Red Materia guide... :sleep: