Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[URL=http://news.excite.com/printstory/news/ap/010927/19/news-switzerland-rampage]Switzerland Shooting Spree[/URL]

God, this is depressing....
Posted
God, the human race just keeps stooping lower and lower... Throwing Bombs at 5-year old catholic school girls... Flying Jumbo jets into Buildings... And shootings like this occur all the time... It's just terrible...
Posted
I can't even imagine what could possess someone to do something like that. It would be interesting to experience their state of mind, just for a day or so, so you could see what they go through. These people that kill others in the name of hate and anger are truely cowards.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]These people that kill others in the name of hate and anger are truely cowards. [/B][/QUOTE]

Now, on the subject of cowardism...
As we all know, people have been calling these Tradgic events in NYC as 'Cowardly acts of terrorism'...

Now don't get me wrong; in no way do I support these acts. I think it is a horrific, terrible tragedy, and it should never of happened.. However, I don't think they were cowardly acts.. To purposely fly a plane into a building, knowing that you're going to die isn't really cowardly... It's gotta take guts to do something like that... But nonetheless, all this hatred and anger has gotta stop, because it's just disgusting... The wanton loss of human life.. It's insane...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]Kinda make me think that Ry Bradbury's book, Farenhiet(sp) 451 is becomign a reality kinda. Were raising a generation of morons(as he said not to long ago) This proves it right here. Man that's
depressing though. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury...I remember that book...I read it in 8th grade and I don't really remember all of it. I just remember something about conformity and people not being allowed to own books. Burning, I remember that too...that guy was a firefighter...actually, now that I think of it, how does Fahrenheit 451 remind you of all this stuff again :confused: ?[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]Kinda make me think that Ry Bradbury's book, Farenhiet(sp) 451 is becomign a reality kinda. Were raising a generation of morons(as he said not to long ago) This proves it right here. Man that's
depressing though. [/B][/QUOTE]Fahrenheit 451... Yeah. Ironically, we're reading that in Trad Lit right now... It's bloody difficult for me to try and follow along...I've read the thing three or four times...and now again for English class....:rolleyes:
Posted
[color=royalblue] Words can not even describe how these tragedies affect each and every one of us...and how differently. yet we are all impacted whether we know the people or not its all just so sad... [/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...