Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok please work with me here i made theses banners with a computer that has very low color settings very few fonts and no programs to do sp. effects.
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/yoshineo.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Ubanner.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/___banner.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/___dragon.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/___vash.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/dragon___.png[/IMG]
For most of these I just used pics i found on the net.
Posted
[color=blood red][size=1][i]Wow they are all good. I actually like the, what would you call it,ummmmmm..... the way it like fades of or iono I just like it. I like the bottom one the most though, the one you are using as your banner.[/color][/size]][/i]
Posted
They look like they're pretty good, especially for your first attempts. But the low color setting thing really bothers me as they all have come up very grainy ... :( Er ... buy a new computer? :)
Posted
im not sure how i did the fade in fade out thing,and i would buy a new com if i had the money.Here are soem of the ones i just made today.

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Armor1.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Armor2.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Armor3.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Armor4.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Armor5.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Armor6.png[/IMG]
Posted
OMG what is wrong with them, they all look really messed up.. Was that done on purpose or just happend? If on purpose then I guess its pretty cool, but if not then they suck ^_^ lol
Posted
They are pritty good considering he only has 16 colors on his computer,and has to use one of the oldest paint programs there is till he gets a new computer.
Posted
COOL! Can I have the Vash one without the name... PLEEAASEE??
Posted
O_O ohh so its the color, well then they dont look good sorry, I wonder why the colors messed up. But if the color was fixed those would all look ok
Posted
Clearly the first thing you notice about these banners is how grany they are. I understand that you can't really do anything about that, but even so...it's a little distracting in some cases. In the second set, though, you're able to create the feeling that the granyness is actually an option on your part rather than a requirement, and you're able to pull it off. Needless to say, I prefer those to the first set of banners.

I think that the banners in your first post need a lot of work, which you can incorporate in future banners. In the Yoshi one and the second one, you should learn that you really shouldn't simply cut and paste entire images onto a banner, as they rarely turn out good, and the Yoshi one probably should have a border to outline the boundaries of just where the white goes. The Trigun one, as you've probably noticed, should be cut out a lot more, and the background colors of these should be given some thought. I'm not much of a fan of the text in all of them either.

I think it's safe to say that it's time for a new computer and a new graphics program. It's already rather hard to critique your image keeping your limitations in mind, but it's interesting to comment that while using only one image seems plain, that seems to be the best thing that you can pull off.
Posted
Oooooh, da's a LOT of Armored Cores! Nice job, considering. I agree with Syk that they could look a lot better with a better PC, but then again I need a new one too, so I'm not one to talk.:toothy:
It's about time someone began making AC banners! (I could if I wanted to, I'm just too lazy) Nice work.
Posted
Well im working on a new batch of banners now and im working on my sprite comics now so making the banners is a bit slow,bo most of the new batch of banners are sprite comic ones, and Tical i made the vash banner with out the name and attached it to this post.
Posted
Thanks!!! I havent had a new banner in a while...
Posted
Here are 2 of my older banners, i made them based on my first N&M comics witch i have retired sence every site i got crashed or something.
these are gifs the other ones ive have already put up are pngs
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Neo_Max.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Neobanner.gif[/IMG]
note i made these on windows 95 before i joined and forums
Guest Magdalena
Posted
The quality sucks. I know you have a crappy computer and whatnot, but still, it brings down all the images.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
My new banners,I made them all about zoids and i saved them as JPG instead of PNG witch is why my others looked bad i think.

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/zoid7.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[color=Darkblue][size=1][i]Wow those are really good. I like the pictures used they are very good. One thing though the bottom one is too blurry fix that and it would be fine.[/color][/size][/i]
  • 2 months later...
Posted
Its been awial sence I made banners or icons ,but I've seen the preview of sonic heros...and the part about playing one of the old 16bit sonic games...so the banners all have sonic chars. on them!

[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/Shadowbanner.JPG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/images/chaotixb.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/images/charmyb.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/images/espiob.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/images/mightyb.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/neoandmax/images/vectorb.jpg[/IMG]

I didn't put a lot of work into the last four banners as most people can see...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...