OtakuBoards

More help with my Otaku...

Pex

I was wondering if anyone knows how to add animated gifs, bgm, backgrounds to the myotaku site, cause it really help my rating especially since im starting to get pretty high in the ratings. it would really help and would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

If u want to see my site just go to...[url]www.myotaku.com/users/pex[/url]

[color=#707875]Yeah, I think that if you want to have a successful page...the key is not to bombard people with stuff. I would personally be inclined to close any page that starts me on an MP3 download or something, particularly because I'm on a 56K connection.

In terms of adding other things to your blog and such...I've seen a few interesting formatting ideas going around. It's great to see people customise their pages like that.[/color]

On the same topic, is there any way to use css with myOtaku? I tried storing the stylesheet on my own webspace and linking it with this type of thing:

But yeah, it didn't work. Has anybody else figured out a way to do it?

I'm not so sure you can just insert your own tag. There's already one built into the site in the first place...

On my sites... if I want to link the CSS file itself, I do this:

Slightly different from you. Of course, that goes in the space. I've never tried it elsewhere, to be honest.

I don't know if there are other ways to go about that.

hey anything is possible, the only way to find out is by trying. I was surprised that we could use div and javascript on the page too. You can also use the tag too. Thats how you put up an background...

and oh yea for those who are confuse why we can't use stylesheets, we can. It just that you have to have everything on 1 line. If you press enter anywhere, myOtaku programming thingy automatically adds a

so things will end up like this if you press any enters:

scrollbar-face-color:#ffffff;

scrollbar-arrow-color:'#000000';

scrollbar-track-color:#ffffff;

scrollbar-shadow-color:'#000000';

scrollbar-highlight-color:'#000000';

scrollbar-3dlight-color:'#ffffff';

scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:'#ffffff';

this is what messes things up ^_^

*off topic*
can we hotlink music from theOtaku to myOtaku site?

[size=1] I have recently customized my "MyOtaku" website to include a new midi music file, crimson text and such. But if any one can help me with these things, I'll be eternally gratefull :D

- Can you change the background colur from white to black?

adn how do you do those boxes around the posts you make? LazeChibi's site doesn't dive into that part. Adn the best example of what I mean is on her site.

it's a background that also seems to stretch depending on the lenght of the post.

Thankyou in advance. Adn if there isn't a way to change the background color, i suggest you include that. [/size]

• 2 years later...
Guest YamiMoonMage
I put up a background pic for my page, but I cant get the background color to go away so that the pic is visible. And it's starting to really get on my nerves. :(

[COLOR=Sienna]Just take a look here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53703][COLOR=Sienna][B][U]Suggestions & Feedback FAQ[/U][/B][/COLOR][/URL] It doesn't hurt to do a forum search either as often you can find a thread that has the answer you are looking for.[/COLOR]