Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I go through phases...and I've come back to one of my favorite movies when I was growing up: The Last Unicorn. So I got an animation off the web to make an avatar, and threw together this little banner...

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=465361[/IMG]

Comments? Questions? I'd really like some input on how to jazz up my banners a bit, they seem very...well, plain. >_<
Posted
[size=1]I love that movie. Did you go to Chanth?

I would use a different font...that looks pixelly. Find something smooth and sorta flowy. Maybe make it light blue, to go with the unicorn.

And add some kind of a border, it will look more finished that way.

[/size]
Posted
IMO, the banner is complete, with the suggestions everyone is giving (i.e., border, non-pixeled font). For the font, I suggest something that is elegant, even handwritten. You know those kinds of fonts. I think the words merit that kind of writing.

And remember, just because something is simplistic doesn't mean it is bad. For banners, being too little is better than being too much, IMO.
Posted
It's very nice. Great job. I think the grass is so clear up against the unicorn making it a great image. I also kind of like the font. Great job I would love to see more.
Posted
Thank you everyone for the input...it's really appreciated. ^_^

And here we go, try #2. I changed the text and made a border by cropping the unicorn horn off another picture and layering it over itself. Interesting little pattern if I do say so myself.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=466130[/IMG]

98% of this was made in MS Paint...the font came from PSP7.
Posted
[color=blood red][size=1][i]I dont think you are aloud to double post. Well anyways good job on the banners and Avi. I like them all. I give it a 10/10 for all of them.[/color][/size][/i]

[color=teal]Post he was refferring to has been deleted. Double posting is not acceptable. -Syk3[/color]
Posted
I Love that movie. I bet if you were to use a picture out of that scene where all the unicorns are in the waves, it would be so Kawaii. I could go on and on...Love the banner and avatar.

Lataz,
Lisha
Posted
Sorry about the double post, Syk. Slipped my mind... >_<;;

I fiddled around with the unicorns in the waves image. I'd like to add a quote to it...but I'm having a hard time finding a good one. Plus, I'm not too happy with the position of the unicorn heads in this one but...eh, what do you guys think?

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=467870[/IMG]
Posted
My favorite is the second one. It contains the most continuity.

I know what you mean about the third--I've had times where I've had a great image, but it just doesn't lend the way I want it to to my banner. Keep working it--you'll find a way to get it to work. Promise. ^_~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...