OtakuBoards

Classical composers.

Drix D'Zanth

Oh god this is so hard. It's like putting gods against eachother. So much of history and culture owes itself to these greats. I mean I love every single one of them for some reason or another.

Beethoven's [I] Pathetique [/I] is one of the most beautiful songs in the history of the world, in my opinion.

Mozart's Requiem and Ave Maria are also some of my favorite songs.

As someone once said, "The only winner of Napoleon's Campaign into russia was Tchicovski". Listen to his music and I'm sure you could agree ;).

But my heart is, deep down, hoplessly romantic. And Chopin takes the cake in this genere. Just playing his Prelude in A minor sends shivers up my spine.

All in all, I enjoy being able to listen to any of these composer's works . Classical music has influenced my life and perception of culture. I think it is the most beautiful form of music in existence :).

[size=1] Oh, [i]man![/i] Tchaikovsky absolutely owns everyone.

::laughs:: He's my favorite composer of all time, really. I fell in love with him last year. I love all of his songs, and I think he's a genious. ^_^;; He's really just great...[/size]

I went to a concert put on in Firenze (Florence) a year ago, they had real cannons on stage that fired off in that one song... i for get the title, so malajusted help me out. [I] (hums) Dudududududu da da da, BOOM , duddudududud da da da, BOOM [/I]. Anyway, ya he's great. I especially like how he mocks the french national anthem later in the song (cause russia beat napoleon's great army). Simply devlish!

[color=#707875]Hm...I like Vivaldi's Four Seasons a lot. It's one of my favourite pieces of music. The Vanessa Mai remix is wonderful, too. It's such a passionate piece...everything about it is uncompromising. I love it.

And then there is Tocatta & Fugue in D Minor. Is that Vivaldi too? I'm not sure. But that's a beautiful piece.

And there's another one...gah, I always ALWAYS forget the name of it.

If you have ever seen Evangelion: Death & Rebirth...and you see the end credits, they play the piece. It is often played at funerals. And every time I hear it...it never fails to make me want to cry. lol

It's the only music piece capable of doing that. It almost reaches inside my head and touches my nerves directly. I can't explain it...it's like nothing I've ever heard. I wish I could remember the name.[/color]

Mm, there's no question for me, I chose Chopin. All of their music is (obviously) very powerful, but Chopin is the one I've always had the best time playing. Kind of like Drix, the romantics just affect me the greatest.

On a slightly more random note, there's a song that really touches me from an anime as well, it's called Romance from Escaflowne. I think it's composed by Hajime Mizoguchi. I haven't watched Escaflowne yet so I have no idea where it comes in ... but I [i]really[/i] love it, especially the first minute or so. It starts with this solo trumpet (I think) and then this piano comes in ... [sigh] it's really nice ...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]And there's another one...gah, I always ALWAYS forget the name of it.

If you have ever seen Evangelion: Death & Rebirth...and you see the end credits, they play the piece. It is often played at funerals. And every time I hear it...it never fails to make me want to cry. lol

It's the only music piece capable of doing that. It almost reaches inside my head and touches my nerves directly. I can't explain it...it's like nothing I've ever heard. I wish I could remember the name.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

One like that I know is Barber's Adagio. That's not the full name, but it's very well-known and often played in moments of extreme sadness, usually chorally or with strings.

There's a lot of anime classical music I like (Evangelion for one is great, and performed by the London Philharmonic Ochestra, no less ^_^), and there's a lot of traditional classical music that's used in them, like Beethoven's Ode to Joy played when [spoiler]Kaworu descends into the NERV base to find Lillith[/spoiler]. It's also on the trailer. That bit's one of my all-time favourites, although it annoys me that they play it as part of the UEFA Cup Football league theme >_<. Phillistines.

Anyway, I don't know I have a particular favourite, there are just bits and pieces that I like, such as Holst's The Planets, and Carmena Burana by Carl Orff.