OtakuBoards

Lord of the rings

Lord Prozen

what do you think of lord of the rings?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of lord of the rings?

• DUDE I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!
    • its ok.
    • I HATE IT!
    • whats lord of the rings?

I love the books, I really do. They're among my favorites of all time. But when it comes to the movies, I'm not a purist. It would simply be impossible to make a movie that adhered perfectly to the book from which it was adapted. You could certainly try, but the results usually aren't that good. Just look at the Harry Potter films.

Anyway, I thought that Peter Jackson did a lovely job in making Fotr and TTT. The part with Aragorn and Arwen was implied within the books, and stated directly in the appendices, like Sara said. It's not as thought the script writers added that for the hell of it.

I like Bombadil as much as the next guy. However FotR would have been about four hours long if they'd included that part. Besides, I don't think even Peter Jackson could have done justice to such a memorable character. ^__^

There are only a few things I would have changed.

I really didn't like the wargs in The Two Towers; I always pictured them as being giant wolves--and slightly more intelligent than the movie made them out to be. But whatver. No biggie, right?

Although I admire the actress who plays Eowyn, and I think she's very talented, I didn't take very well to her portrayal of Eowyn (who, incidentally, is my favorite character). Eowyn's supposed to be a cold, lonely beauty. For lack of a better word, I thought that the film made her seem too....warm. Heh.

~Dagger~