OtakuBoards

Evangelion's ending

Gunslinger-R

i recently bought the perfect collection of EVA and the whole thing was rock awsome, but the final two episodes were kinda weird, it seemed that all the major char. were suffering from major depression and the ending was kinda weak to me, I was kinda hoping to see a little more resolution to things that were just left hanging in the air, like gendo's connection with the second impact, aska's dilemma and whatever happened to Rei

[size=1] ::laughs:: I believe that I am one of the very few people who [i]liked[/i] the ending. What did you expect from Evangelion? A happy ending where Shinji saves the world and kills the last angel? :P I don't think so...

The last two episodes actually dissappointed fans [i]very[/i] much, and many people said that it was weak. Ok, the whole "Congradulation!" thing was a bit corny, but I liked it. ^_^ Anyways, Hideaki made up for it with one of absolute favorite anime movies...[/size]

I thought the ending was a load of crap, and it sort of ruined the whole series for me. I at least wanted some questions answers with the last two episodes, but they might as well have been from a completely different series. I've taken two philosophies classes and understand it quite well, thank you very much, but those to episodes made my head hurt. I think they should have presented the ideas in a different manner. I couldn't always tell what was going on or what was reality vs. the thoughts in someone's head. (It might also be b/c I think the philosophy they're coming from is a load of crap. Absolute truth exists!! If you think and believe the grass is purple, that doesn't make it purple!!!!)

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Well I actually liked the last 2 episodes...While they lacked resolve they where just so interesting and surrealist I couldnt help but enjoy them.

I think they really befit the series...Ofcourse the movies are good also...They resolve some stuff and give us some excellent action scenes...

And ofcourse like any great anime series leave us with even more questions in the end. :p [/color][/font][/b]

[size=1] Arkadyz, you are my new best friend.

^_^;; Like I said in my previous post, I liked the ending as well.

To Artemis: Well...I haven't taken any philosophy classes [I will be taking one next summer...huzzah!], but I believe Hideaki Anno was actually diagnosed with depression at that time. [/size]

The two final episodes were ok, but you have to understand the company's situation at the time they were creating those episodes.

They barely had any budget left to spend at all, which is why for most of the ending you just see recurring cells.

The movies did make up for it though, answered some questions on a lot of people's minds including my own.

I really liked the endings. Surprisingly, I found them to be very enjoyable, heh. It's very rare that we'll get to go so deep into another character's mind, and I often enjoy sinking into the depeness of some of the questions raised and relating them to myself, expecially those of Shinji.

[spoiler]I'm a sucker for a happy ending, too. Or at least, what I interpret as a happy ending. To me, it seemed that Shinji was finally free of all of the constraints he'd set down on himself- he'd finally realised that people needed and loved him, and that really appealed to me.[/spoiler] From the sounds of what happens in the movies, I don't think I'll like them as much.

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Heh well...Umm thanx maladjusted :D

And I also cite those 2 scenes where the animation just stopped as being some of my favorites...Just because they where so painful to watch...

The elevator scene was great cause you where just waiting for who was gonna talk first and it really showed how much the 2 disliked each other...

[spoiler]And the scene where shinji was deciding to kill kaworu you could just imagine how much anguish he was going through trying to decide...[/spoiler]

Some of the greatest scenes in cinema are ones that let you use your imagination...Tight budgets can produce a shoddy product or force people to innovate...Fortunatly for us gainax is good at working with lesser budgets :cool: [/color][/font][/b]

Using psychology it is easy to comprehend, it is simply the fact that each persons views of you creates a completely alternate you. If you were to think I were a mass murderer, then in a sense I just became one, because that is what someone thinks I am. Now with me personally I have a different philosophy, I believe that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of me I am unique, but I still love the endings to Eva so much. Be sure you have seen the movies before talk about the series too much, the movies can completely change your opinion of the series.