OtakuBoards

Magicians Force

Deadeye

Ok, seeing as how the whole set can produce a heckuva lot better cards than this, in my opinion, I am willing to let it go. But, just to state a simple fact, I am not new to this game, I have in fact been playing it for 3 years. If having a tournament winnig deck and planning process make me new to you, then okay. But please do not jump to conclusions about mewithout ever talking to me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Altron Gundam
Yet your interpetation of certain Duel Monsters reflects that of one who only plays in the English CCG. The English CCG has only been out since last March or so. In other words, its not possible for you to have played for three years.

Tournament-winning or not, your interpetation of the game is one of a duelist that is new, rather than an experienced one. I jump to the conclusion of the skill and understanding you show of the game here, as it is not possible to do it any other way...

Well you are right about one thing, I do have that interpretation because I do only play the English CCG. I really do not see why I should have to spend loads of money to, in my opinion, have cards that not only cannot be used here, but, also are worthless here because they have no value in the English CCG and the scientist is really fodder for for any monster with attack over 300. I mean even a kuriboh could kill it. And as to your comment on different dimension girl I don't really care about her, why remove it from play when we could reborn the card and cause chaos with it. I really would not like to have anything to do with this subject, as discussing the scientist's many flaws is becoming stagnant.

Okay personally I see no reason to waste a slot for Magical Scientist when I could just as easily fill that slot with Ha Des seeing as how he does the same thing, also I could play a Light of Intervention or Royal Command, or wait wait I could aslo use Sasuke Samurai seeing as how it kills ANY monster in face down defense mode. So therefore I could kill off a Cyber Pod, Fiber Pod, hell even a 2000 defenser! So you see the current monster removal theme here is not substandard its rather advanced for only being out a year. And personally I think the Different Dimension Warrior cards are okay but why use them and run the risk of hitting a Cyber Jar or something worse with it when you could save it for something better.

Guest Altron Gundam
So, in other words, Tom, you haven't been playing three years. That was easy to tell, lmao.

To Domon's points:

- Sasuke Samurai is situational, it will get blown off after one turn.
- Light of Intervention is slow, the amount of standard m/t removal ppl play now, it won't last over two turns.
- You know why people play the Dimensional Warriors, because other than the Pods, standard defense monsters now are Spirit Reaper, Sangan, and Black Forest Witch. Removing the Sangan/BFW eliminates their effect, and removing the Spirit Reaper disables his stalling ability.
- Unless in a hole, nobody minds hitting a Cyber Pod. It replenishes one's options.
- Who's easier to summon? Hades or Sci? One sacrifice requirement or a monster that can be summoned with a Killer Tomato, Cannon Soldier + Last Will, searchable, special summoned etc.?

And which is easier to kill? Hmmm... Last time I checked a 300 attack will get you no where. A 2450 attack on the other hand will get you somewhere, and actually a lot of people are not playing spirit reaper simply because of two cards three if you think about it. And those are: Spear Dragon, Fairy Meteor Crush, and Dragon's Rage.

And English CCG people cannot use the Dimensional Warriors because hmm, whats that little barrier why we can't use them. Oh wait I know! Its because they're still in Japanese!

And actually if you think about it I've seen people not leave Sasuke at its original attack power I've seen them power it up to an extent and then if it does go kaboom it can come back with all sorts of revival cards, especially one called Monster Reborn.

And you can support/save your Light of Intervention seeing as how Imperial Order can stop Harpie's Feather Duster. And then Curse of Royal can save it from Mystical Space Typhoon. See depending on your playing style you can actually support a certain card so really I guess its your playing style but personally I think Magical Scientist is nothing but pitiful without a doubt and I'd rather stick with Ha Des simply because he can get the job done and another thing Spirit Reaper is not all mighty I've seen a lot of people including myself loose because of that damn card's effect and since it stays on the field it can become a pain if your opponent has a FMC equipped onto a monster of theirs, so really its not getting used very often.

Umm Kakashi that would work in theory and probably would against new duelists but, there is one card that will always haunt you for quite awhile and that is called "Barrel Behind The Door." Seeing as how Catapualt Turtle's effect is not Battle Damage your opponent could activate that card and you would take the damage instead.

The whole point of Scientest 1st turn decks is that they are unstopbale, provided they get the right cards in their opening hands.

If they don't, then they're in for a bit of trouble. It's still possible to get their combo out, but it takes more effort, especially if their opponent knows what's going on.

You can only beat a Scientest deck if they don't kill you 1st turn. Then, it's simple: rush and do a lot of damage, so much that their strategy isn't viable anymore.

A Scientest deck will *never* attempt their combo if you havew a face-down M/T. (At least, if they have any brain cells at all.)

The worst deck to go against Scientest are Exodia, IMO.

[QUOTE][B]Umm Kakashi that would work in theory and probably would against new duelists but, there is one card that will always haunt you for quite awhile and that is called "Barrel Behind The Door." Seeing as how Catapualt Turtle's effect is not Battle Damage your opponent could activate that card and you would take the damage instead.[/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen people with a fair amount of experience fall to Scientist decks...

Besides, not everyone runs Barrel Behind the Door. Way too situational in an environment where the predominant deck type is Beatdown. They'll maybe have Cylinders and Ring of Destruction you could use it against, little more.

Guest Altron Gundam
Yes, and Domon, that is why duelists like you, Deathbug, and Tom will always lose to more experienced duelists like me and Kakashi. We know how this phase of the game went with the JP CCG, and we know how it will turn out here.

Your point about Scientist's attack power...lmao. So you plan to use him as a rusher, eh? LOL!! Another thing, Eng. trample cards are pathetic right now. Spear has no staying power, and nobody will competitively use equip magic outside of a trample theme, or Power of Union in aggro, considering any English CCG duelist here actually can comprehend what an aggro deck is, which is highly unlikely.

Hellish Trap Door Gun? LMAO. Too situational. No serious duelist would use it, unless in a sideboard against a burner.

There are so many ways to get that half-turn combo going its not even funny. Deck thinning, Cannon Soldier + Last Will, Guessing Game, recursion, and so on...and the only card that can probably stop that chain is a set T-Wave or a set D-Ring which will probably be MST'd, HFS'd, or Tempest'd.

And Domon, you were bashing the D-Warriors before my post, so I was countering that argument. Don't try to push that subject away with the, "They aren't in the Eng. game right now" excuse, because you were bringing up how ineffective they were in the first place.

[COLOR=#503F86]Altron, please calm down. People are allowed to duel with whatever Decks they like, it's not fair to berate them just becaue they're different to how you'd use it.

I can understand being critical from a tournamental perspective, but please tone it down. There's no need to be rude.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Yes, and Domon, that is why duelists like you, Deathbug, and Tom will always lose to more experienced duelists like me and Kakashi. We know how this phase of the game went with the JP CCG, and we know how it will turn out here. [/B][/QUOTE]

Or maybe we'll simply be unable to make any moves, being so heavily crushed under the weight of your ego.

So you know how the enviornment will change. So what? That alone won't win you games. I can ask any JP player how a certain card changed the game, and then I'll have the same information.

You would probably win against me because you have more experience than I do. Nothing more, nothing less. (I use the qualifier "probably" because talk is cheap, and I haven't actually seen you duel. I would assume a person with 2 years experience over me could win, but you never know.)

Get it through your head: most of us here are English CCG players. The Japanese game isn't better, it's just bigger, and we're not stupid enough to believe otherwise.

Sure, I'd like to play the JP game, but not only would it be a pain in my arse to get JP cards, there's no one around my area who plays the JP game. Since it's a game, and I just want to play with others and have fun, it wouldn't make much sense to be an elitist jerk about the whole thing.

Oh, and English players: Go to Edo's site. Educate yourselves.