OtakuBoards

Magicians Force

Deadeye

A few more cards due to be in Magician's Force (info from [URL=www.pojo.com]Pojo's Site[/URL]):

[i]Big Bang Shot

Type: Equipment Magic

Effect: Increase the Equipped Monster's attack strength by 400. If it attacks a Monster in defense mode, and the attack strength is greater than the defense strength, do Battle Damage to your opponent equal to the difference. If this card leaves the Field, remove the Equipped Monster from the game.[/i]

And one of Espa's:

[i]Reflect Bounder

Light/Machine, Level 4 - 1700/1000
Effect: When an opposing Monster attacks this Monster while it is in Attack Mode, deal LP damage to your opponent equal to the Attack strength of the attacking Monster. This Monster is destroyed after damage has been calculated.[/i]

Some fairly good cards, then. I'm looking forward to this set's release, with or without Dark Magician Girl. I'm more interested in Black Paladin myself anyway, heh.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Altron Gundam
Although Big Bang Shoot is good, equip magic other than Power of Teamwork and possibly Power of Magicians, falls fast in the metagame.

Bounder will be good, when the set after MF comes out. The "reprinted" Chaos Soldier -Messenger of Creation- and Chaos Emperor Dragon will come out. That's when Bounder will be needed.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]
Some fairly good cards, then. I'm looking forward to this set's release, with or without Dark Magician Girl. I'm more interested in Black Paladin myself anyway, heh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you don't have BMG and BP in the same deck anyway. If you run a DM deck, you should choose between a Dark Magician Girl deck (which powers up DMG) or a Dark Paladin deck (obviously, forms DP).

You could try to work both, but it would suck; too many tributes.

(Later we'll have Black Magician of Chaos decks...yeah!)

Guest Altron Gundam
Speed summon CBM decks are deadly in today's metagame...

Ughhhh...

That whole Dark Magician/Dark Magician Girl name just irks me..have u ever heard of dark magic before? Come on..-_-;

Anyway, I just think the English sets are being released to fast, almost to the point that they will release a reprint of a card that the English CCG hasn't released yet, in Chaos Soldier. They're catching up too quickly, and half the players don't even know how to use the cards they're getting. Well its either that or them abusing the card -_-;

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=#503F86]More rumours: According to [URL]www.yugioh-extreme.com[/URL], there may be three Secret Rares in MF. They didn't say that was accurate, though- it'd make things awkward in terms of where they fit in booster boxes and their distribution. Another rumour is that the Deck Destruction Dark Virus card may be an Ultra Rare in it. But who knows. Only another two weeks or so until we find out...[/COLOR]

The confirmed Secret Rares are the Black Magician Girl and Diffusion Wave.

UD has made the best move they possibly could've on their part- according to Greylight's (UK Retailer) Yu-Gi-Oh! World magazine, PP4 BMG is the biggest seller outside the God card set.

[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Personally I think another of the big sellers that are also in the new set are the XYZ cards seeing as how you don't need a polymerization to make their fusions, except the downside is that you need to remove them from play, of course that's where good old Mircale Dig comes in handy. But Dark Magician Girl will be majorly sought after by everyone seeing as how people can finally work with a Dark Magican deck to an extent, we still need to wait for Dark Magic Curtain.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You guys know that these cards are out now right? I just bought two packs at walmart. I don't follow the cards too closely but I had no idea what "union" monsters were. Luckily I got two matching sets of them instead of having one useless card. I've been trying to curb my buying so I didn't get too many cards / any secret cards.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Union sucks..avoid it completely if you want to play competitively. [/B][/QUOTE]

Or, play competativly using whatever the heck deck type you like, strive to make it better, create better strategies than mindless cookie-cutter beatdown/hand destruction combo decks, and actually bring diversity to the game.

You know, just throwing another option out there.

[COLOR=#503F86]Damn, still no Magician of Black Chaos... I'd have thought with Dark Magician Girl being affected by MOBC they'd at least release him in English first. I guess he'll be making an appearance in Dark Crisis in that case. Still, there are lots of other nice Spellcasters to have until then- Breaker, Chaos Command Magician, Black and White Skilled Magician etc. And Dark Paladin, of course.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Marik, please try and improve your post quality. It's hard to make sense of something so short. A few capital letters wouldn't go amiss, either...[/SIZE][/b]

Anyway, I don't mind the translation. It's better than not getting the card in English at all, at any rate. Is the changing of that one word really so much to gripe about?[/COLOR]

Guest Altron Gundam
I mind..the fact that the Upper Deck idiots can't just call Emerald and Sapphire Dragon by their respective names..they called them BOTH Luster Dragon.

Marik, yes I have heard of white magic, and its not dark magic, its black magic. -_-;; Hence why he is called, the Black Magician.

The real, best spellcaster sub-type here is Magical Scientist, and its funny how everyone is overlooking it.

In response to Deathbug, the only worthwhile Unions are XYZ. They are too slow, as you can't turn the game in your favor with one turn. They probably only have one decent Union support card in Front-Line Base..just too slow.

You're right, other decks, Magic User Decks, Paladin decks, Magic Scientist decks..that can work just fine, just not Union...

Why do you say that Magical Scientist is the best? I think he is mediocre, okay but not great. I mean, you pay 1000 lifepoints to summon a monster that can't even attack! I know you'll probably say "free tributes" but at that cost you are better off using an ultimate offering. So could someone explain this overlooked, common, playing card. Also UD has their own reasons for doing things. And we really should not patronize what we really don't know. To some UD is dumb but they run the game and who knows we might have people who complain enough the game will die sooner!

[COLOR=darkblue]I have to agree with Tom on this, Magical Scientist really is pretty poor in this current Metagame, so what if you could get out something like Dark Balter, that's just 1000 life points of yours down the toilet so all he can do is attack one monster and then go kaboom on himself and the point of that would be nothing seeing as how you could slap out a Royal Command or Light of Intervention which would prevent all flip effects, unless you have a Bookd of Moon and then therefore you could use your own flip effects. And summoning a Paladin would be pointless seeing as how you can't attack directly with him. Personally I see Magical Scientist as nothing more then fodder for tributes like oh say Cannon Soldier or Amazon Archer etc.[/COLOR]

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tom222666 [/i]
[B]Why do you say that Magical Scientist is the best? I think he is mediocre, okay but not great. I mean, you pay 1000 lifepoints to summon a monster that can't even attack! I know you'll probably say "free tributes" but at that cost you are better off using an ultimate offering. So could someone explain this overlooked, common, playing card. Also UD has their own reasons for doing things. And we really should not patronize what we really don't know. To some UD is dumb but they run the game and who knows we might have people who complain enough the game will die sooner! [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually Scientist is good in the current meta, which is control.

Ugh..I get frustrated when all these newbies, all they think is attack, attack, attack.

The summoned monster CAN attack, just not directly. This means you can take out face-down monsters with a Baltar, go for monster removal with a Thousand-Eyed Sacrifice, or w/e.

Well, I could care less if the English CCG dies, it sucks anyway. Its the English CCG players who are ruining the game...

Oh right, UD, has their own reasoning, like naming Emerald Dragon(6/2400/1400), and Sapphire Dragon(4/1900/1600) by the same name in Luster Dragon..and naming Masked Beast Death Guardius, the Des Guardius..come on.

Scientist will be a future DDVD target, easy to get out, has its own half-turn kill combo, and can serve the purpose of a Severing Samurai, monster remover, and tribute source in one. 1000LP is not that big of a deal. Scientist is used to clear the field for your monsters, not create your attack force. --; Without the Dimensional Warriors yet the monster removal in the English CCG is still substandard.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]
Well, I could care less if the English CCG dies, it sucks anyway. Its the English CCG players who are ruining the game...

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure that the players here ruin a game produced on the other side of the world. Give me a break.

If the english game is so darn substandard, then why don't you leave us poor ignorant English players alone to enjoy ourselves? I fail to see hoiw the English game is anything but good for the Japanese game.

How many people do you think are now playing the JP game as a result of the English game?

Elitism is a terrible thing.

The only thing that worries me about the new sets that come out is knowing that there are players out there who wanna toss away all their older cards for the new ones, cause they think they're better. I remember when somebody some time ago made a list of cards used in his "Clown Control" deck, and not too long afterwards, EVERYBODY seemed to have this deck. Originality is what makes this game great, and every new set has the potential to come out with original decks, but some people just play them out like a radio would play out the latest hit 'till we get sick of it. As much as I would like to see Union decks and Dark Magician decks (which have had a long time coming), I don't wanna see JUST these decks being played. I have a friend that has a standard Beatdown with a lot of cards that came out from the first set, and it's still pretty good.

I guess that's what Altron Gundam was trying to say; while there are still some duelists who stick to their guns, some of them just want to be tougher and "more new," and they're the ones that play out the new decks.