OtakuBoards

Gundam Wing: characters and plot

Artemis

Which GW character do you think is the most intriguingly complex and why?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which GW character do you think is the most intriguingly complex and why?

• Treize
    • Zechs
    • Relena
    • Dorothy
    • Heero
    • Duo
    • Trowa
    • Quatre
    • Wufei

:grumble:
no way i totally think that Heero Yuy is the most complex GW character!!!
i mean he's mysterious - very little is known about him and he's just so dark and quiet.
i will admit that Zechs is complex - a little strange but complex - and i do like him as a character. yes he has two different personas - Zechs Merquise and Milliardo Peacecraft - which just add to the complexity of him but Heero is much more complex.
He will do his job, no questions asked, and he will be the most unsocialbe character at times - with the whole dark and mysterious thing comes back again.
you are never able to determine exactly what the delightful perfect soldier will do next.

i disagree with IceWolfEyes. Heero definately deserves the perfect soldier title as he.. well... is the perfect soldier.
incase you didn't know Heero Yuy has no name either - Heero Yuy is just his code name like Trowa Barton is just an adopted name. Trowa has too many conflicts of personality to be the perfect soldier. Heero, the stoic 16 year old gundam pilot, was raised as the perfect soldier and lets nothing get in the way of his mission (with the exception of relena *euh* who just about gets on his nerves as well as mine. why oh why did Duo stop Heero from killing her i don't know - i bet he regrets that now.):demon: :sweat:

where catherine is hinted to be Trowa's actual sister what is meant by that is that Trowa thinks of her as his sister.

Alter-ego i totally agree:naughty:

Heero is so damn sexy i mean just look at attached file - heh heh - do you have any clue as to what the hell Duo is doing - looks strange and yet strangely attractive ((?)).

*gags* OMG. :twitch: yeah...that was messed up. I'm a little curious about the duo/heero relationship myself. You know, what bothers me the most about anime is that half the time, the guys look like girls. (Duo looks [I]so[/I] much like a girl in that picture. The braid doesn't help, and his shirt is puffing out around his chest... *cringes*) Yes, I have to admit, Heero is quite sexy. However, I prefer a guy I could trust to carry on a conversation w/ me. I also seem to like older guys... :nervous: (Ex. In Pirates and LotR I go for Johnny and Viggo rather than Orlando... I'm only 18!!...they're both 40+ :twitch: I think there's something wrong with me... :( )

Artemis there's be nothing wrong's with's ye. i happen to be adicted to Johnny Depp and Viggo Mortensen though orli does look nice in some shots... see attached file for Captain Jack Sparrow. (he he) and copare him to how orlando looks. not much competition - Cap'n Jack Sparrow wins every time! LOL
yeah Duo looks like a girl but well that's just Duo. Maybe it's be why so meany pe'l like writing fics about Duo and Heero being a couple - i must admit i can see the relationship happening. :sweat: ther must be som'in wrong's with me onsies. :twitch: :confuse2:

anywho thanks for ye's reply Artemis. LOL.

:therock: :therock:

I'd say Trieze Kushrenada is the most complex. This is as he seems so cold and evil and the start, yet when he's given the opportunity to rule the world he refuses it. Plus his morality comes out with his opposition to the mobile dolls, and the resulting Treize Faction civil war. So in the end was he more good or evil, bearing in mind his revalations to Wufei. You have to judge for yourself. Now THAT'S complex!

Well Trieze is complex but i found that he is very see through most of the time. Heero is well more complex i mean well..... just look at him you can't tell anything about him from just appearences so i think he wins. LOL see attachment for cute pictures.LOL:eek: :drunk: :tasty:

:demon: :naughty:

laughing in a creepy manner in the series but here it looks just well adorable. enjoy!!!!!LOL

• 4 weeks later...
The reason i chose Trowa was because he has the most hidden life. Him and Heero we don't even know the real names of, but at least Heero was chosen to be a Gundam pilot. Trowa stepped up to the job and assumed the personality of the real Trowa Barton. And what is the deal is the movie where he joins the Mar. Army. He doesn't explain that, well I can't remember him explaining it anyways.

SSJ4 Gohan - you are right about Trowa actually chosing to be a Gundam Pilot but I think that was just as he said - he felt insecure without a name or anything. Heero was chosen to be a highly trained weapon, which is very cruel for a child to go through - his memory of that little girl and her dog was one of the short times in his life that he was actually happy and he had slipped out of his training facility without permission to do so.

As to Trowa joining Mariemaia's Army that was to get on the inside to find out there true objectives. Like he did in the 1st series (under Treize's command & that of Lady Une) and then once those objectives were clear he would deside what to do. If the plans were against his role as a gundam pilot and the collonies then he would take them down. If they helped and supported the colonies (and earth as well I suppose) then he would do all in his power to help them.

I don't hold anything against Trowa or Quatre or Duo... or WuFei really it's just that I think Heero is the most complex character. More is actually known about Trowa than Heero.
Trowa was 'lost' as a child, is the suspected missing brother of Catherine Bloom (with his name being Triton Bloom not Trowa Barton which isn't his real name anyway).

If you read the manga comics that they published of Gundam Wing ac then you find out a fair bit about Trowa that was otherwise only hinted at. You see, I think it's a memory but I'm not sure as Trowa was only a baby in it, Trowa getting seperated from his family and then growing up as a soldier with no name. ( that shot in the film that you see of a younger Trowa - wearing a green scarf - piloting a mobile suit is expalined further ((see attachment file for a little 'newspaper' article someone has done expalining some of the theories about Trowa)) )

Where Trowa doesn't have a name due to growing up alone, Heero doesn't have a name either. They both assume the name of dead men (Trowa Barton and Heero Yuy) and both become Gundam pilots. However one thing that seperates Trowa from Heero in the form of mysteriousness is the fact that Trowa was 'lost' by his family while no-one know the truth about Heero's past except that he was raised by a man named Odin and then trained by J. Nothing else is known about Heero. All that most know is that Heero was trained by J to be the perfect weapon hence the whole perfect soldier title that he has.

Anywho, please tell me if any of that made sense because I'm not to sure it did - I tried my hardest but I'm not sane so it's very hard (maybe the fact that I'm insane is the reason that I understand Gundam Wing to such an extent that none of my friends know where I found out about it.???)

I think Zechs Merquise (or Milliardo Peacecraft) has the most complex story and personality.
[B]Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz SPOILERS[/B]
First of all, he sees his country, the Cinq Kingdom destroyed. Seeking revenge, he joins the organization who destroyed the Cinq Kingdom. He becomes a respected soldier in OZ and a great friend to Treize Khushrenada, OZ's leader. Later in Gundam Wing Zechs sees that the Cinq Kingdom is destroyed once again. After this Quinze of the White Fang persuades Zechs to assume leadership of the White Fang. The huge conflict between Earth and the colonies, and the fight for peace and pacifiscm at the end of Gundam Wing is another thing to consider. He is fighting against his former friends (Lucretzia Noin, Treize Khushrenada) and his only sister (Relena Peacecraft). Then Zechs returns in the Endless Watz and is back fighting on the side of the Gundams. Quite complex if you ask me.
I can understand though that all of the characters have quite complex stories. Quatre loses his father and almost kills Trowa. Trowa loses his memory. Heero is made to be a human weapon. Relena is fighting her brother. Dorothy loses her grandfather, Duke Dermoil. Treize is fighting Zechs, almost loses Lady Une and ultimately dies. Wufei loses his master when he slef-destructs the colony, and puts himself through a hard time after losing to Treize.

Yeah I agree with you now mysticheero, now that i own endless waltz since yesterday and have watched it three times already (only because i had to go into town and sleep) and i can remember parts of the story that would of changed my mind about my decision. Thank you (and EW) for reminding me.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lightning Baron [/i]Exuse me welshswordsman, do you know where I might be able to get a picture of Zechs like yours for my avatar? (Or could I maybe save the one you are using then upload it as my avatar)?

P.S. I live in Wales!
[/QUOTE]

no prob here you go.[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33129] original thread[/URL]

• 2 weeks later...
LB, I have to agree with you whole-heartedly on Zechs being the most complex. Obviously, for all the same reasons you stated. It's incredible how he manages to get through it all. I was a little creeped out by the way he practically goes insane near the end of the series when he's against Heero & co.
~art~

Many of the characters of Gw have complex story lines but the one that seems to facinate me the most is Wu fei.
Wu fei was a prince of a tribe that seemed to honor themselves as being the strongest. The daughter of the tribe cheif was supoosed to wed Wu fei(it could be the other way around):( .
She intended on showing Wu fei that he needed her but she did not need him. When a war broke out the girl piloted the "Nataku" a dragon gundam. Quickly shot down Wu fei was at her rescue. His true feelings became visable. Seeing her death Wu fei took control piloting the Dragon gundam. Wu fei wants to know what true justice is but in return he wants atonment for the death of his wife. During a time when Wu fei loses against Treize he says"I am sorry Nataku but i am not worthy to Pilot you... I am weak" His quest for atonment is only masked by his pain for justice that he will continually seek...