OtakuBoards

Gundam Wing: characters and plot

Artemis

Which GW character do you think is the most intriguingly complex and why?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which GW character do you think is the most intriguingly complex and why?

• Treize
    • Zechs
    • Relena
    • Dorothy
    • Heero
    • Duo
    • Trowa
    • Quatre
    • Wufei

Is there anyone else out there who really doesn't care at all about the Gundams themelves? My main interest in Gundam Wing is the characters, their personalities, their relationships, etc. Perhaps this is b/c I'm a girl and that kind of stuff attracts me. (The Gundams just make me think of the Power Rangers.)
There are so many intricate characters in the series:
I mean, look at Zechs. He has a lot of different issues he's dealing with throughout the story. As Milliardo Peacecraft, heir to the Peacecraft family, he's got to deal w/ the fact that he's not a total pacifist like his family. He says that his hands are stained with the blood of all the people he's killed and passes the responsibility on to Relena. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, Zechs is a power-hungry killer, but with Relena, he's an overprotective big brother.
I guess my point is that most of the characters in this story are intriguingly complex. Most of the villians really aren't 100% bad. The story, with reference to the personalities of the characters, has a great deal of versimilitude.
One character I'd like to know more about is Trowa Barton (the one we normally refer to...not the original person) If anyone can give me some background information on him (or on any of the major characters) I'd much appreciate it. Feel free to dispute me if you think I made any utterly stupid points here.

I love Gundam Wing, I wish they would make it a part of Adult Swim. I dont know why but I just found an attraction to the show and a connection w/the characters..especially Duo..why do i think he's complex...poopy..mom's kicking me off the computer...i will be back to justify my vote..later

Of course I would have to say Duo. Like all the other Gundam Pilots he has a complex past, that haunts him to this day. I think that even though Duo appears to be happy on the outside, he's really quite sad. Sad about the war, sad about his past. Duo had a lot of sad stuff happen to him, and so did the other pilots. Maybe I'm just predujust because I like Duo more than the other pilots ;).

But I'd also go with Heero too. I mean, if he's not comlex I don't know who is!!!
Does anyone else feel this way????

As of when I'm writing this, we're two to one Duo to Zechs. Come on now!! anyone else??
Is Duo really THE most complex character? I guess I can kinda see your arguments. Can't help thinking that you guys are just big Duo fans, though. (Yes, I'm talking about YOU duorocks17!!!!) **giggles** ya know I love ya, girl! **giggles**
;)
Anyway, I still think that Zechs, Trowa, and Heero beat him out for complexity. And what about Dorothy? She has got to be the WEIRDEST character in the series. (at least the weirdest in the poll)

[color=green][b]I was torn between Trowa ((like you said Artemis, our silent soldier, not the head of project Meteor)) and Quatre. Trowa is so mysterious, it's not even within my grasp how weird it is. Most people see Duo ((no offence to the Duo fans, for I am a former Duoholic, though now, my tastes have changed a bit)) as the best, because he's the most outgoing and cheerful but he was part of the whole [spoiler]Maxwell Church thing. I mean, having the closest thing you've had to home in a long time burnt down and the people who took care of you killed by soldiers is not a very pleasent experience :eek:[/spoiler]. But I think Trowa's even more interesting because he keeps that whole silence about him. Then there's dear Quatre Raberba Winner. King of the people with paradox personalities. He is an advocate of peace and a person who is determined to spread it, but still continues to be a soldier. Plus the personality change he went through when he was younger ((read the GN Episode Zero for more details)). But in the end, I ended up picking Quatre. Well, c-ya on the other side! *flys off on one of her winged monkey soldiers*

PS-:) Love the animated Strongbad avi![/color][/b]

You know what..ALL OF THE GUNDAM WING CHARACTERS ARE COMPLEX!! okay sorry bout that, I am just tired of getting headaches from trying to figure out who's really the most complex, they all have a sad, long story to them, but Trowa is the only pilot who confuses me everytime i think of him...

I'm sorry to have given you a headache, animangademon. I guess that proves my point, though. I like GW b/c the characters ARE complex. :)
I can see where you'd say Quatre, erinzyger. (Though, for me the battle was Zechs and Trowa.)
It's just plain fanscinating how each character has so much going on in his/her life!
This is really what made me like animé in the first place. (It's the first show I watched w/ devotion.) ;)

YEha i do indeed like the gundams themselves but the characters intreague me. THough i don't know much about gundam Wing itself and do hope that i can find more, the 3-5 episodes i did see where full of more character development and plot then most modern live action movies. And if there is any character there that i just want to hug to death its Quatre cause i look like him bit..we have the same last names..

[color=crimson]I chose Trowa for the most intriguing character. He has no name, no past, is silent, and that creepy-eyed stare. I find him the most challenging to figure out and so do most of the other characters. Everything concerning his past from the family he can't remember to the mercanaries he worked with fascinate me.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I agree that Trowa is very complex, but I also think that Wufei is very complex himself. He seems a little crazy too. Like he would do something on the crazy side. I'm not sure, but didn't he marry at a young age? And didn't he name his gundam after his wife? I don't remember where I heard this. Maybe one of the episodes.

"This is an easy one! The most complex is the dude who was scared of clowns in G gundam! I mean, being kidnapped by clowns and them massacreing a circus? How could that not screw someone up?"

Huh?:confused: Sure, why not, but the question was [I]Gundam Wing[/I]. I've never even seen G Gundam, so I have absolutely no clue who you're talking about.:confused:

Guest Hitiko Ayeres
I think Heero is the coolest one, I mean, it's has to be impossible to put up with war and a whining brat crying on his leg begging him not to do what he does best, I know it wold be hard for me.

Man, I gotta agree with Zero Control here on two issues: IMHO, as I've said before, I really think Zechs is the most complex. (Remember the whole issue of being from the Peacecraft family. It's gotta be difficult to be so set on war when your entire family died for the ideal of total pacifism.) Secondly, Alter~Ego, if I were a moderator, I would have gotten rid of your post myself. It lacks any content whatsoever, and I'm insulted to have it in a thread I started. I wanted this to be a high-quality thread. And apparently I don't speak "gansta" very well, b/c the post didn't make any intelligent sense to me at all. So, note to all: please write decent, intellectual posts if your going to write at all in here!
~Artemis~

I would have chosen Heero as the most complex character of Gundam, but wufei was also complex. My reasons are:
1. i thought he had no heart.but when i read Episode zero, he loved his wife that he changed the name of his gundam to her name after she died in combat.
2.he hates heero and thinks there is no justice.then he starts fighting and spills blood everywhere.

My reasons might not make sense, cuz i'm not a good speaker.:toothy:

• 2 weeks later...
[color=deeppink][font=arial]
Artemis! For shame! How could you have forgotten dearest darling Une?! The woman has a split personality for goodness sakes, I think that qualifies as complex! XD One side of her is violent, and completly devoted to Treize and willing to go to whatever means to protect and further him and his cause. The other side is peaceful and...also very devoted to Treize! She has OCD! XD

So Une, even though she's not on the poll, get's my vote. Poor woman,[spoiler] the guy even went and DIED on her. So she had to settle for his kid by another woman. ^^;; Talk about messed up...[/spoiler] Yea. So there's my vote. And I'm not even a really big fan of Une, I just happen to think she's very messed up.

Now, here's an intresting thread >> Which mental disorder do you think each Gundam Wing character has and why? I actually tried to fill this out and had to reference some of my psychological disorder books a billion and one times. ^^;; Maybe I'll start a thread like that...hmmmm...not right now though, way too tired.
TTFN!

[i]-Karma[/i]

[/font][/color]

Guest PhoenixFlame
im more of a fan of milliardo cause zechs and milliardo are different mental personalities...milliardo looks cooler than zechs anyway

I think either Zechs or Trowa because they both have a strange past but I think that Trowa is the most complex because he never really knew what his real name was he has gone around using other peoples names. Also he was born onto the battle field and has been fighting all his life.

How could I forget Une?!?! That's insane!! I'm so sorry, Karma!! I must have had some odd memory lapse! Yeah, I definitely rank her up there w/ Trowa, Zechs/Milliardo, and Heero. I think Une's pretty darn cool. I mean, talk about a kick-*** chick! She really weirded me out at first, but once she's cured of her split personality thing, she's a very admirable character. Thanks for noting her!:D
~Art~

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KarmaOfChaos [/i]
[B][color=deeppink][font=arial]
Artemis! For shame! How could you have forgotten dearest darling Une?! The woman has a split personality for goodness sakes, I think that qualifies as complex! XD One side of her is violent, and completly devoted to Treize and willing to go to whatever means to protect and further him and his cause. The other side is peaceful and...also very devoted to Treize! She has OCD! XD

So Une, even though she's not on the poll, get's my vote. Poor woman,[spoiler] the guy even went and DIED on her. So she had to settle for his kid by another woman. ^^;; Talk about messed up...[/spoiler] Yea. So there's my vote. And I'm not even a really big fan of Une, I just happen to think she's very messed up

[i]-Karma[/i]

[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[i][color=lightpink]I agree with you 100% Though i voted for Zechs. I still think Une is a very interesting woman. She can be nice and then she can be mean as ever. It was said that her split personalities were caused by the love she had for Trieze. *nod* I think they said that somewhere in either Endless Waltz or in the series.[/color][/i]