OtakuBoards

(US/CAN) General thoughts and ratings for .hack//SIGN 26, "Return"

Shy

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by magic_raditz [/i]
[B][B]Rating: 9/10[/B]

Oh boy alberto! That episode was really good. However I did think that the look alikes of Tsukasa, Mimiru and Subaru were NOT very good imitations. It would have been SO much better if they seemed really like they are and then that would have been a cool thinking sort of thing. Its sad that .hack//SIGN is over, does anyone know when and if the extra episodes that you keep talking about going to be aired? [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, odds are the episodes won't be airing on television. At least not anytime soon. Y'see, from what I've heard, those two episodes were not aired on television in Japan either, but came on a DVD with the .hack video game box set.. The name escapes me at the moment. -_-

Oh, and Black_Phoenix, remember how Bear said that there is one copy of Herald in every server because he's part of the programming, right? Well doesn't that mean, logically speaking, that there would be more than one Aura as well? I mean, maybe that could give reason as to why Aura looks so different in the games in comparison to SIGN..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]Oh, and Black_Phoenix, remember how Bear said that there is one copy of Herald in every server because he's part of the programming, right? Well doesn't that mean, logically speaking, that there would be more than one Aura as well? I mean, maybe that could give reason as to why Aura looks so different in the games in comparison to SIGN.. [/B][/QUOTE]

An interesting thought, and one that could be very true. If Harold created Aura then there is a good chance he created a backup of her too. In thoery the copies would have "awakened" at the same time as Aura, but remained dormant until the original was lost.

Maybe Aura created a copy by herself, just in case Skeith got her.

The only reason I have found while searching online is that it may have been too difficult to create an exact copy of the TV Aura in the games. A quote from the person that did the skins and textures for the games makes me believe that the character designs were rather difficult to place in the game. I suppose that Aura needed to be changed to work in the clip scenes.

[b]EDIT/UPDATE:[/b] Okay, after watching the creator interviews on both Liminality DVD's I have thought of another reason. The person that did the character designs (I forgot the name :p) was anxious to see how realistic some of the character skins could be. I figure that he may have decided to redesign Aura to better fit in the game and allow him to test the limits of the skins.

Guest Infinitis
9-10

It?s was the best to my standerds, but? SORA!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!! (Sniff sniff) Y_Y That is why it?s a nine! (I stll think he?s alive! >.<)

• 2 weeks later...
Rating: 10/10

This episode was awesome. It was cool how they dramatized the way Sora was data drained, with his arms getting locked to the staff and all. To all you people who asked the questions about what happens next should play the games. It doesn't completely clear everything up, but it still makes things less confusing. It is also cool how this episode sets everything up for the first game: .hack//INFECTION

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TsukasaBeat
MAH... (As tsukasa) *Yells and runs 4 it* WHY SORA?!? WHY NOT ME?!? SORA'S MY 2ND FAV. CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!

*Skeith appears and DD's TB*

*See attached pic*

~~~~~~~

8/10

• 2 weeks later...
I think this episode was great. Though it ended in somewhat of a cliffhanger, it was still good. There's still 27 and 28 to come, after all, and it just makes me want to see them more.

The scene when Tsukasa stood up to Morganna was wonderfully done, I thought, and it was nice to see Aura awake. The scene where Sora was Data Drained was very dramatic, like Arch said. I thought seeing Skeith was cool, as well.

Overall, I give it a 10/10.