OtakuBoards

(US/CAN) General thoughts and ratings for .hack//SIGN 26, "Return"

Shy

[size=1].hack//SIGN - "Return" - Episode 26 - August 30, 2003

1. This is for your thoughts AFTER you've seen the episode. Don't post advance spoilers here, or your thoughts about such spoilers.

2. Please rate the episode from 0 to 10. Please put your ratings at the top of the body of your post and in [b]BOLD.[/b]

3. This is for your ratings and general thoughts, comments, and impressions. If you have specific thoughts or comments on specific issues or points, a new thread would be more appropriate.

4. Normal spoiler rules apply: spoiler tags are required for any spoilery statements. Very vague "I liked it" type comments don't need tags.

5. If you're going to mention any spoilers for future episodes, please use spoiler tags correctly.

6. Please try to keep this thread on topic.

-Shy

PS: The final episode... how sad.[/size]

Guest Anime_Forever
10/10

THIS EPISODE ROCKED!!!!!!! It was by far the best. Sora got urned into an evil monster which was sad since he had just gone good. It was fun to see evil Tsukasa and awakened Aura. A nd we get to see Tsukasa and Subaru for real IN COLOR!!!!!!!! THis episode was a true marble. And the part that will be talked about most... HELBA SAVED THE DAY!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

[b]10/10[/b]

This episode was the best out of all of them.That was the last episode? I guess I didn't really think about that.hehe!Man I was sitting with my mouth open half of the time when I was watching it.*Yay*Aura woke up.Hey that was pretty awesome.

The only part I don't get out of this episode is exactly what happened to Sora?Cause he like fell over out of his chair and that's why i wanted to know exactly what happened.

Oh ya, and at the end of the episode when Subaru and Tsukasa finally meet in person. That was a bit touching.They finally saw each other.That was cool though.
Ya I guess Helba did save the day.lol. I guess I wasn't really thinkin about that either when I was watchin. It just takes a little bit for me to take in every little thing that happened.

[b]-56/10[/b]

OHHHH NOOOO!!! I knew Sora was gonna get it!! :angry2: :crying: That just RUINED my whole week. I am confused though...Did Sora get sucked into Skeith or did he turn into Skeith? OH Yeah!! That part with the fake people was confusing too, but I liked how the two met in real life.

Does anyone know if CN is gonna play the fabled extra episodes of .hack//SIGN?

Guest Anime_Forever
Sora is in acoma (I feel sorry for him) and he is now Skieth. HES STRNGER THAN CRIM NOW!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! Booja! Anyway, Sora is Skeith, the Aura terrorizer who wants to kill her like Morgana said. And no he is not dead. hehehe........

[color=darkred][size=1][b]8/10[/b]

Ahhh this was boring... At first I was thinking, What the hell this is boring, but Aura wakes up *Angels sing* isnt she cuuute? Well anyways and then Sora was gonna be a hero and I was like whoa yeah Sora is awesome! Then that old lady picked him up and.. data drained... him... NOOO!!!! It was like .hack//infection mixed with the game it was kinda cool to relate to them. My heart was pounding though when Sora was data drained it was more sad then Maha dieing... [/color][/size]

Guest Anime_Forever
Sora datadrained.... I almost cried. I think when Maha died I did cry. Sad sad times... GIVE HIM A BREAK HES 10 YEARS OLD!!!! Anyway am I the only one whos happy that HELBA SAVED THE DA?!?!?!?!?!

Well, thanx that helps out alot. Puts things into perspective for me now. Now i understand. It was kinda sad that Morgana did that though. That made me mad cause he finally becomes good then look what has to happen to him, he gets put into acoma and he becomes Skieth. How interesting.

9/10

I missed this episode *cries*. I really wanted to see it in english. Sora getting data drained seems to be the best/most effective part for everyone. I guess he had it coming... NEVER underestimate a disembodied voice! And when Tuskasa and Subaru finally met that was so touching *cries some more*. Catastrophe is still my favorite episode because it has more action.
But now .hack//SIGN is over *cries a river*! But there are still the bonus episodes...

10/10

In my opinion the best episode but I'm still a little confused about the whole Sora thing. When he is data drained we see him in real life fall into a coma like thing then we see Skeith. Did Sora turn into Skeith or was that Morganna ? If Skeith was Sora, when Helba obliderated the field did that kill him or what- I'm a little confused about that part, but the best part was we get to see Tsukasa and Subaru in RL ( Tsukasa's a cute girl). I was hopeing we would also get to see Mimiru , we didn't but it was still good.
Another thing that confused me a bit was at the end with the tablet with it growing red and Morganna's voice, what's with that???

Guest despairfactor
Can anyone give me a list to all of the names of the songs played in this episode? Preferably, I'm looking for the name of the last song with the violin. Thanks!

Rating: Indescribable.

That episode just touched me in a way no other anime could. I have to give the creators major credit and there are just no words ... to describe how wonderful that episode was..

But poor Sora! ;-;

Before I post a rating I will say one thing first. [b]Sora did NOT become Skeith. As you can tell by the red wand (which he carries) Skeith already existed.[/b] Later in the games we learn that [spoiler]Sora's consciousness is trapped in the wand[/spoiler] (from what I have heard).

[b]Rating: 9-10/10[/b]

I still have mixed feelings about the rating, but this episode was awesome. I was pleased that they finally had Aura drawn instead of that half-computer graphics version. And I really liked how she was drawn, she was rather cute too.

As for the fake Tsukasa, Mimiru, and Subaru that Morganna created, those were kinda lame. One would think that the real ones would have had enough faith in each other to realized they would not act that way. I did like the part at the end when the fake Mimiru kind of melted.

And of course, the real life part at the end. Excuse me while I try and hold back the bile. Sappy endings like that are not my thing. It was nice to get to see the real Tsukasa, and hear her real voice for a moment, and the real Subaru. The fade to color was a nice touch too.

There was no Helba, only her voice. :bawl: Oh, well. She did save the group, which is good enough.

Did anyone else notice that the final scene was the same one from the first episode? The one with the giant cell phone in the desert and Morganna's voice.

[B] 9/10 [/B]

Damn Cliff Hangers!! *crys* I wanted to see what Helba did to Skieth, and what everyone did when Tsukasa could log out! And I never saw real life Crim T_T

*Cough* sorry..... well, it was an exciting episode, but i dont think it was the best, NO, not just because Crim wasn't in it much! I though it had too many hangers at the end. I know that it leads into episodes 27 and 28 (they will not be show on CN) but I can't wait until the last DVD comes out.

O.O Sora went "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" again! I'll always love his scream the best. After I saw this episode, i liked Sora a bit more then I used to. I think after his fight with Crim, he got some sinse knocked into him. It was almost as if you could hear how scared he was after he couldn't warp out.... Poor Sora..... *sniff*

[quote] HES STRNGER THAN CRIM NOW!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! Booja! [/quote]

Was that supposed to effect me in anyway?

I thought Aura's wakening was very cool. She was like ^__^ *wave* and Tsukasa was like O.O - ^_^ *Wave*

The reason i didn't find this to be the best episode is because of all the things that havn't been covered. What did they do with Aura after they defeated Skieth? How was Skieth defeated, we think that Helba did it, but were not for sure. Will we ever see real life Crim? Has Sora's real life self gone into a coma? Will Tsukasa live with Bear now? What will happen to Morganna now? Will Crim finally quite his job and start acting like Crim so he can get something better in life?!

ok, skip the last question, but thats mainly why I gave this episode a 9... too many questions..... make my head hurt @_@

heehee, evil Subaru, Mimiru, and Tsukasa were cool!

[B]6/10[/B]

As just a normal episode, I thought it was OK, but as an ending episode, I really didn't like it. It's like they just cut it off, they didn't tell you what happened to Morganna or Aura or Sora or anybody. And it bugged me.

And as much as I hate to say this, I don't like what they did to Sora. He did what was probably the first unselfish thing he ever did in his life, and then they Data Drain him! That is not right! Grr!!!!!!!!

But how is this so hard to understand, people? Sora got Data Drained. He's in a coma. He did not turn into Skeith because Skeith is the one who Data Drained him (which means that Skeith already existed). It's not really that complicated.

As far as the evil Tsukasa, Subaru, and Mimiru go, I thought they were kinda pathetic. Interesting to see, but I can't believe the real Tsukasa, Subaru, and Mimiru could fall for it. It was incredibly obvious that they weren't the real people. I mean, when Tsukasa turned away from the fake Subaru I was expecting her to do an evil grin behind his back or something. Though the fake Mimiru melting (or whatever that was) was interesting.

But I loved seeing the real Tsukasa and Subaru at the end! (Not the really sappy part where they're running for each others hands. That was just...WEIRD.) But I liked just SEEING them. Tsukasa IS a girl, we finally know. And Subaru has glasses (didn't know that...)

And for some reason I like the way Bear looked in this episode...not sure why...

Did anyone else catch the thing from Liminality with the A in C major right before they showed Tsukasa and Subaru in the real world? What was with that?

[b]9.3/10[/b]

This episode WAS sort of a small let-down.. Just 'cause I love the series so much, I didn't want the series to end.

There wasn't as much action as I expected in this episode, but the evil Tsukasa, Mimiru and Subaru were really awesome.

Aura IS sorta cute.. However, her big, broad smile scared me.. I thought she was gonna kill them all. 0.0'

Poor Sora.. He got data drained...

Ooh, and IRL Tsukasa and Subaru were really good character designs.. (Subaru looked JUST like Ninamori of FLCL) But.. So are Subaru and Tsukasa just gonna be good friends now? I hope so...

Oh, and about the last scene on that beach when Morganna said the "I've been waiting for you.." bit.. Here's what I think. [spoiler] .hack//LIMINALITY takes place about 4 or 5 years after SIGN, right? And there's that guy trapped in the game in LIMINALITY... Maybe that scene shows 5 years later, and that LIMINALITY person is the "new Tsukasa".. [/spoiler]

Guest Anime_Forever
Actually Liminality is only 6 months after...... and that is a possibility, it could be Orca, or Sora, or one of the 4 other people that the guy in liminality said were in a coma. Did anyone notice when Morganna said "Ive bben waiting for you for such a long time it sounded JUST like when the voice of the ghst of the maiden in pokemon? There could be a connection since when the ghost of the maiden does appear it wears the same clothes as Aura? The voices, te outfit, does this make Aura a ghost?

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/10

*starts crying* NO!!!! IT'S OVVVERRR!!!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: I can't believe it! That was such a good episode!
I was over at my friends house and it was our must to watch .hack//SIGN, so we plopped down in front of the TV at 10:52 with the lights turned off and everything and watched the last episode of the best anime series on the face of this planet.
I loved the part where everybody met the mirages...very interesting how Tsukasa reacted to the Mimiru one. :D He knows her well!
That face Mimiru made when talking to the Tsukasa one was hilarious...her eyes were screwed up and she looked confused...:blulaugh: HAHAHA! *looks around to see people stareing at her* *coughhackcough* (Haha, hack! Get it?)
Okay, that part with poor Sora was so sad! He was just some little fourth grader and he DIED! Uh...did he? It looked so. Gah, I got shivers when it showed him trying to follow Tsukasa, Mimiru, Subaru, and Aura and his gold circle thingie just faded away...*hides away into a corner*
Aura was so cute! Some little kid with pink cheeks! So cute! And her voice matched so pefectly! Hehehe! *squels*
God, I could ramble on and on about this episode...maybe I will later.

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Well I feel compelled to post here real quick cause I caught the ep. last night.

Even though ive only seen a few episodes of this series and have never played any of the games (Hence I was abit lost in this ep) I still found this episode to be quite enjoyable.

I really felt bad for sora...But it kinda fit...Ya know? The fakes where kinda dumb...They should all know each other well enough to see right through those fakes.

It was kind of a pain that so many questions where left in the air but such is the nature of anime I suppose :laugh:

Oh and the ending scene with tsukasa and subaru...Too sweet for words... :D [/color][/font][/b]

I just realized something about this episode that makes me angry at the designers of the .Hack games. In the show Aura has those deep purple eyes, but in the games they are switched to a light blue. This makes me mad because I think the purple looks so much better then the blue does.

Thus ends my random thought for this evening. :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by K.K.C. [/i]
[B]I have a question for you Black_Phoenix. Sense you know probably the most about the games...
Why is the Aura in the games so different then the Aura from the animation? [/B][/QUOTE]

Not really sure. The closest I can guess is that the creators decided to make a few changes to her. I suppose it could be said that she "evolved" over the 6 months between the show and the games, which would explain why she can talk and create the Book Of Twilight. The thing that bugged me the most was why she lacked a pair of legs, but I figure it could have something to do with the damage shown on her feet while she was in Morganna's Realm (in .Hack//SIGN)

I will have to check out the .Hack website and the info on the DVD's to see if any reasons are listed, and then post any answers I find.

[B]Rating: 9/10[/B]

Oh boy alberto! That episode was really good. However I did think that the look alikes of Tsukasa, Mimiru and Subaru were NOT very good imitations. It would have been SO much better if they seemed really like they are and then that would have been a cool thinking sort of thing. Its sad that .hack//SIGN is over, does anyone know when and if the extra episodes that you keep talking about going to be aired?