Jump to content
OtakuBoards

archery and the otaku  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. archery and the otaku

    • how many actually do archery?
      8
    • how many just like the sport?
      1
    • how many wish they could do it?
      5
    • how many others like unusual sports(swords,archery,etc)?
      7


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=royalblue]I use a simple bow, 45lbs., when it's available at the local shooting range. Others go for compound with all the fancy stuff, but I think simple is best.

When I have the money, I'll be getting my own.

And in the line of other unusual sports, I know a little about fighting with a chinese style folding fan. Not throwing it, but using it to block projectiles and such. As for swords, I've been taught some things, and will soon learn more from my boyfriend. He's the type that has to know everything about them and then compete in Japan for titles and whatnot.[/color]
Posted
we're doing it right now in school, I would have given anything to have been in that PE meeting session...

"yeah, lets give the kids something to shoot eachother with"

sheesh, but we all go behind the school and shoot at large bull's eyes, I do quite well considering I have never done it before last year, yet my broken/sprained pinky is posing a problem.
Posted
I've never tried it,but it seems awesome. My boyfriend does it and loves it,he even got a new bow for his birthday ^_^ lol,I'd like to try sometime though,it seems kinda hard...
Posted
[color=crimson]In middle school, 7th and 8th graders get to take archery in the district. I loved it! I think I was in the top 20 or so for archers in the school. ^_^
When I was going into high school, I was thinking of taking the university program called Theatrical Arts. I have stage-fright, but I wanted to take it for the theatrical combat part. I decided against it, but I might join fencing.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]
Posted
Hmm well at the Renicanconss Festival we used to go to when we lived in NY I ALWAYS did the archery part so las year I got a bow. I haven't used it since I moved tho...I don't think they'll like it if I shoot down in the woods...I'd get in trouble...but anyway I love archery and if I could I'd do it all the time I think i'll look into the archery clubs in my area...oh and fencing. Always wanted to do it. But I have to wait intil my birthday to do..I'm not old enough yet....yeah but I guess fencing and archery are one of the many higlights of living a half hour from DC.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...