Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][center][img]http://www.interpolny.com/images/totbl_lrg_thumb.jpg[/img][/center]

I [i][b]highly[/i][/b] recommened you go out and buy this album and give this band a shot if you haven't. I really really like them.

They just have this really amazing way with how they work things. It's very instrumental, and the lyrics and the signer are somewhat in the backdrop. Well, it's like that when you first listen to the CD the first times through, but eventually it just grows on you even more.

I think the first time I was more or less too stunned by them to take it all in at once...and really, it is a lot to digest all at once. But yes.

I love them.[/size]
Posted
Did you just randomly buy this? Or did you get it since I mentioned it? I am just curious.

At first, I didn't like them. I found them overly dull, especially the vocals. I can't get too interested in the song if the vocalist doesn't even sound like he remotely cares about anything he sings about.

However, once I got used to this... I realized his singing fit the band, the lyrics were decently written and it actually worked.

I had no problem with the music itself from the start. It's really good stuff. I don't think there is any one standout part of it, but its parts make a good, solid whole. It creates a landscape basically.

The disc is still like $10 at Best Buy since they're considered one of those "new" artists (despite this CD being rather old by now), so it's worth checking out.

That rack is the best rack in Best Buy. I get some nice stuff off of it for cheap prices.
Posted
The first time I saw the video for PDA on launch.com, before it was released as a single, I loved it and listened to it over and over again... So I'm a fan, seeing them live soon. There's nothing on their album I don't like... It's this sort of discreet charm.
Posted
Hm, I love Obstacle 1. But that's their only song I know... By the way, Evil Pancakes, I love your sig too. Electric Six rock! :)
Posted
I managed to get two of their previous EPs through a friend. I wonder why they didn't put a few of those songs on the Turn on the Bright Lights. Some songs were used, some weren't. I'm liking the ones they didn't include even more.
Posted
[size=1] Come peons, come come. Go check out the great Interpol. They be Gods with guns in shapes of guitars.

Yes. Big mean strong. Big men strong. All ever you wanted!

*wants to hear new songs Tonyholio has*[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...