OtakuBoards

Opening Fantasy

AzureWolf

Haha, sorry with the lame titles. :D

Anyway, after viewing all 26 episodes, what are your thoughts about what happened just before .hack//SIGN starts? We are obviously introduced to the series in the middle, where a lot (or little?) has happened to Tsukasa, characters and their relationships have been established, and The World is "in." How do we know something's happened to Tsukasa? Because he's unconscious at the beginning of the series! :p He has vague memories, and he [spoiler]never fully remembers what happened[/spoiler].

So, what do you think happened to Tsukasa before we enter "The World?" Spoiler tags should be used in this thread should you be using/saying something that is not in the first five episodes.

• 4 months later...
I think that when we are introduced to the series Tsukasa has already been playing for a good while. In the first episode he seems pretty familiar with the game concepts and in the next episode I believe he describes the World as place he escapes to so that he can be alone.

So here's what I think happened to Tsukasa: [*spoiler] If you notice the treasure box that Tsukasa wakes up in front of you see there's a ring above it. This ring is very similair to the ring of the guardian. I believe that at some point Tsukasa accidentally activated something that binds Aura to him. Whether it was by Morganna's doing or Harold's I can't be sure, but I do believe that this binding is what allows Aura to awaken. If Tsukasa logs out, Aura wakes up, so it makes sense that this might be a program created to allow Aura to awaken. in any case I think the ring deserves more attention than it is given.

There is one other theory I have. I think that the tablet Tskuasa recieves to gain the guardian was a tainted version of the original, a version created by Morganna so that she can control Tsukasa. Also did anyone else notice that when Tsukasa first loses hope for reality Aura turns purple? And that when Tsukasa realizes that they're the same she moves a little? And then later she turns green when Tsukasa achieves full despair? Nice touch by the animation department.[*/spoiler]

Well...if you have played the game series, (ex. .hack//INFECTION,.hack//MUTATION, ect.)then you should know about the spreading amount of comatose victims in this 'time period'. It could be possible that some monster with some extraordinary powers, such as Skeith (monster in game), could have put him into a coma...who knows...