OtakuBoards

Mega Man fans REJOICE!

Magnum Apex

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue][url]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/437/437927p1.html[/url][/color][/font]

[font=arial]Mega Man Anniversary Collection Announced
Almost every original MM title ever released plus new stuff? Where do we sign up?

September 12, 2003 - In what can only be described as "the announcement that has made our Friday", Capcom Entertainment revealed today that it plans on releasing a new compilation disc in celebration of Mega Man's 15th birthday. Entitled Mega Man Anniversary Collection, this new anthology set will collect Mega Man 1 through 8 in a single package in addition to two arcade titles never before released in the U.S., Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man: The Power Fighters.

"The Mega Man Anniversary Collection pays tribute to the brainchild behind this multimillion unit selling franchise, Keiji Inafune, and the original games that he created," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. "It gives gamers, who have not experienced the Mega Man phenomenon, an opportunity to play the titles that redefined the platform genre."

Apparently based on the Japanese-only PlayStation re-releases, Mega Man 1 through 8 will also boast updated soundtracks, additional artwork, original television commercials, anime segments, producer interviews, and various information pertaining to the series' history. Power Battles and Power Fighters are fighting/action titles first released in Nippon arcades nearly eight years ago.

The Mega Man Anniversary Collection will be released for Sony's PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube in February 2004. Expect us to keep you updated on this one as more becomes available -- we can't wait.
-- IGNPS2[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I'm almost shedding tears of happiness. Seriously.[/color][/font]

Thank God this is being put out on GameCube. I would've been mega-pissed had Capcom totally ignored it's Nintendo fanbase and only put this out on PS2.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the older Mega Man titles (you know, when the series was actually difficult) and I'm raring to get a crack at them again to see if I'm still as good (read: bad) as I was when I first played those games.

And I'll be very willing to get it as long as it's at a reasonable price.

That really sounds cool. I'll have to get that, as well as the upcoming Mega Man X game (there are so many, I've forgotten the number. Lol.) Lessee, 1-8 in collection, pus the two power titles...the X-game..holy crap! 11 games! Not to mention all the other X's and the GBA's Battle Networks! The little blue guy's has come a long way, huh?