OtakuBoards

Football (Soccer)

Spikey

[SIZE=1][B]Heylo all you soccer fans. I was pretty bored, and I haven't actually created a thread in well over a month, so here's a nice topic that I hope will get some discusion in.

Fisrt in foremost I was wondering how many people here actually play this sport. I do, I have been playing for about a year now and I really enjoy it. I was also wondering what positions all of you played, I usually play Striker (Foward) or Defender (Fullback). Though my favorite position to play is striker, most likely because I am better there.

To keep the discussion long I was wondering how many of you use a sliding tackle. I used it today in a game, and I got a foul called, reason being I accidently took down the other player. It did save a goal though. We lost our game today. I think it was like 9 to 1. We only scored 1 goal, and the person who scored that goal was me.

Now just to let all of you know, I was hoping wwe could do something like the Comics thread, where we frequintly post about games, or practices and stuff like that. So right now I am going to sum up my fame.

Today we played 5 quarters/periods. I think they were all 8 minute periods. Anyway, I played striker and defender today. While I played defender only 1 goal scored, when I got up to striker, they scored a bunch of goals, but I also scored 1 goal. I think that we played good, we were just going against one of the toughest teams there. I have a next game this coming moday, so I will post again then. So good-bye for now.

-Spikey[/size][/b]

[color=silver] [size=0] I have played soccer since 1st grade, and it has to be my favorite sport. I usually play center midfield(my best & favorite position), but i can play any position well if my soccer coach wants me to play there. I played a game yesterday, and we lost 5-1, b/c we have alot of younger kids on our team who are playing up a league, and neither of our regular goalies showed up to the game. But i still had alot of fun, even tho we lost (the team I was on last year won every game with 9 goals)[/color] [/size]

I love football, i'm the big star defender...:shifty:...what?!. Nah seriously, i play defence and i love it, although i am pretty good on the wing too. To be honest i am not too good at sliding tackles though, but i have a tip for ya Spikey:
When you go in for a sliding tackle go in with one leg, bend the other leg and keep your studs facing the floor becuase two footed tackles and showing your studs are illegal!

I don't usually slide becuase i have a tendancy of snapping the other guys legs :blush:. Also shoulder tackle. Push people off the ball by your shoulder and keep them away with your shoulder. In other words you can push then away, but as long as your hands are down and you use your shoulder. I love shoulder tackles. I play alot but i dont play for a team i just play with my friends everyday becuase football is the only sport over here to be honest lol. So take in that advice and try it out in your next game ;).

Been playing on them pitches since I was 3.I love to play Midfield, mostly in the attacking midfield position though.Currently I'm in Fenerbahce's youth academy.Our First Sqaud is doing great, 3rd place so far.Hope we win this year, y'know, tie with Gala 15-15.So, anyone going to watch Turkey v.s England on Oct. 10?

[color=green] I have played soccer sence I was a frosh in high school (i'm a senior now) and I love to play. I can't really say I'm good at it; maybe good for my experience level! I play pretty much any position, nut my favorite is defence or even sweeper. The coaches say I'm best at offensive mid...whatever. I have absolutally NO ball handling skills, so I don't get it.

I have never actually slide tackled in a game. The refs tend to be a bit harsh on my school. heh. I have come across a few situation where I've wanted to though!

My team really struggles. The school has had a team for 3 years( this year being the forth), and we've had *counts on fingers* 5 coaches. I think that may be one of the problems. heh.
Last year's coaches were really awesome, but I think they got tired of us losing all the time. The head coach actually left to coach one of are biggest rivals. *coughbasterdcough*

Thats alright though! The sport will live on![/color]

:therock:

[color=darkred][size=1]Ahh I love to play Football and Soccer, I hate those school teams though, I have never and will ever play on a team. I like to play when just hanging out, On a nice hot summer day. But yeah I love the sport but Im not into it so much to play on a team, Its a fun pastime[/size][/color]

I like it heaps, but I only play it at school. I suck at scoring,so I go midline/fullback. I did a sliding tackle to one of our PE teachers during the game, took him out. That was fun. Another time I did a huge tackle from the side, but missed, and the person kicked me in the head as I went past. Soccer is a cool sport, second only to hockey.

Alright, we have a lot of Football fans. Hack Helba, I really ment soccer, in england Football is soccer. ^^

Anyway, our game yesterday was my favorite. We got a tie, 1 to 1. We played 4 periods because of how bad the mosquitos were. We kind of had a different line up type thing. There were four strikers (fowards) and 3 defenders. I played on the right middle foward. When I played there I scored a nice goal.

I also played goalie 3 times. Only one ball got past me, that was because my defenders didn't protect me. There was once where I hit the ball out a little the girl kicked it I kicked it out before it went in, then she kicked it again and I caught it, it almost went in. I did all that while playing goalie, and I was really dirty.

I was pretty satisfied with that game, knowing we didn't lose. But we didn't win. Oh well.