OtakuBoards

Unknow cave in gold and silver

gouf

I'm a old pokemon fan, i pick up my silver game and started playing i looked at my completed pokedex and wonder if the unkowns had any more purpose in th game. Also their is one space left in the unkown list after the 26. Someone make me un-confused.

Guest Crimson Spider
I rented crystal once. One room said. "Our words shall remain here for the ages."

Well, that Vacant space is there just to make us wonder. It serves no purpose.

All that happens is if you catch all the unown, you get to print them out.

Now, rumors and theories have been running around everywhere, but none of them are true.

Guest RPG&BattleKing
Actually unknown play a big part in silver. If you solve a puzzle you can get more unknown. Once you solve them all you can catch em all BUT!!! After you catch like 3 of 5 or something like that then you can get a special unknowndex that tells about each unknown. They are also very powerfull.

[color=darkblue]In Crystal, the mystery of the Ruins of Alph are explained. The Unown built them as a reminder to both humans and Pokémon for something. The particulars escape me at the moment, as I haven't played it in a while.

In both Gold and Silver, you must solve all four puzzles in order to release all 26 Unown into the main Ruin. You do need to catch three different ones in order to get the Unowndex from the researcher.

In my opinion, Unowns aren't that powerful, as all they can learn is Hidden Power, and I forget which type their HP works effectively against. It's more than likely still Fighting, but I honestly can't remember...[/color]