Ryoko T.D.C. Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 Okay, I have a question, Do any of you know the show "Totaly Spies"? Okay, Is that anime, or just a cartoon, or is it trying to be an anime? I don't know. Do you!?
Zen Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 Its amerime. Its american anime. Or atleast a sad attampet at it. I dislike it because if it were a real anime, it would have an actual plot, which this one lacks.
The Original Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 It's an American cartoon, but it borrows some anime elements. That seems to be a trend nowadays (Teen Titans). If by a trend, you mean two shows. Lol.
Dr. Eggman Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 I used to think that it was an anime but it might be American Anime but it would be horribly drawn probably... but seeing as how we have Teen Titans I'm going with American Anime
duelist22 Posted September 17, 2003 Posted September 17, 2003 American anime......yugh. :therock: The show borrows anime elements, yes, but nothing can stop the suckiness of the show in general. Also, I don't like the sudden wave of stuff like this that's been flying about nowadays.
Queen Asuka Posted September 17, 2003 Posted September 17, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]The only thing that I like about Totally Spies is that it accomplishes something that no other cartoon has EVER done. Each episode, they have on completely different outfits! Finally! A show where the characters seriously change clothes![/color][/size]
Dead Alice Posted September 17, 2003 Posted September 17, 2003 I don't really like Totally Spies because the overall ditzyness and valley-girl crap bugs the hell out of me. I used to watch it on ABC Family so I've seen like all the episodes anyway. -_-o I like Teen Titans though. I WANT THE LYRICS TO THE JAPANESE THEME SONG!!!
Rockstar Haruko Posted October 3, 2003 Posted October 3, 2003 Totally Spies...hmm. I haven't really watched an episode. I mean I tried. I really tried, but I just couldn't get into it. Everyone's right. It was a sad attempt to mimic anime. Oh, but I absolutely like Teen Titans. It's waaaay better, but I've only seen one episode!!! Ahhhhhgggrrr!!! I keep missing it!
ShadowKitty Posted October 16, 2003 Posted October 16, 2003 I sort of like Totally Spies, but it's not too serious. There aren't any episodes where you want to scream, "I can't wait for the next episode!!!" Teen Titans, however, makes me do that every week.
I, Colossus Posted October 16, 2003 Posted October 16, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i] [B]Its amerime. Its american anime. Or atleast a sad attampet at it. I dislike it because if it were a real anime, it would have an actual plot, which this one lacks. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=#006699]You think most anime has a plot? Anime isn't some godly being. A good share of anime is horrible, worse than most American cartoons. I'm not meaning to jump on you about it, and I agree about Totally Spies being somewhat stupid. But you are acting like every random anime is some deep, thought provoking, amazing, show. But yeah, Totally Spies is just one of the many anime-influenced American cartoons, which isn't [i]always[/i] a bad thing.[/color]
Fyxe Posted October 16, 2003 Posted October 16, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by xXchaosfaerieXx [/i] [B]o I like Teen Titans though. I WANT THE LYRICS TO THE JAPANESE THEME SONG!!! [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Actually the song isn't in Japanese, I just figured that out lately. You have to listen closely.... or have your volume up high. Just thought I would point that out. ^_^ Anyway, to the subject. I don't really like the show. Sure I'll watch it if there is absolutly [I][B]nothing[/B][/I] else on. But yes, it is American Anime. I don't really consider it that though because it is done horribly, I would [B]never[/B] compare it with Anime. They have the girls acting like how I rarly ever see them act, they use the "like language" as I call it and they are like urgh. Don't get me started on that. :P But it gives a bad impression on girls, you never really see them act like that. It makes it look like we are complete dimwits and all we care about is fashion, money, and boys. :flaming: Anyway, I think the whole show is terrible. If they made some adjustments it would be way better. Nothing much more for me to say...... [/COLOR][/SIZE]
OtakuSennen Posted October 16, 2003 Posted October 16, 2003 [color=midnightblue]Well, it's not just Totally Spies and Teen Titans that mimic anime. To an extent, Jackie Chan Adventures does a deal of "freak-out expressions" such as the large round surprised eyes and the mouths that take up where the chin should be. There was another show in this style, I think, but every detail about it is lost in my mind. I've seen about... Oh, one or two episodes of this show and I found that it is a generic action series with the Japanese Animation style, with little substance and a plot that, from what I've seen, consists of stand-alone episodes with no major villain or anything. (This is coming from a guy who's sat through an hour of this show) The characters are all stereotypical with voices that would be considered sucky even by ADV standards. But I suppose, for a young child, this American anime appear pretty much the same as the real deal and is more child-friendly than many anime. You, and only you, decide what you watch on television. It's not like you are tied to a chair and ordered to watch Totally Spies or you die. And that is the end of my rather short rant. [/color]
eleanor Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 [size=1] You know what? I'd rather watch two episode of Hamtaro than watch Totally Spies again. And that's saying a lot. I have nothing against cartoons borrowing from Asian animation elements, but Totally Spies just screwed up big time. The plots are always boring and I just can't stand it for some reason. I hope it gets taken off air.[/size]
craig8429 Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 totally spies is american all the way, it was created for the fox kids network, but a few months later it changed to abc kids network and then the show got canned.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now