OtakuBoards

goo goo dolls

Heavyblade

I like the googoodolls. Iris of course, since that's their most famous song, but I really like some of the other stuff too. I got Dizzy Up The Girl and Gutterflower. My favourite songs are Slide, Bulletproof and I'm still here. Although that last one is kind of a crappy popsong..

I've not listened to these guys for years. They were back in the stage of my life when I was into alternative, radio-friendly pop-ish songs. They were good at what they did, but I never had a huge amount of love for them. I have a copy of A Boy Named Good somewhere.

I must admit, I am surprised they're even still together. I remember Rzeznik being a very self-centered, bitchy guy... but I could be confusing him with someone else.

uh long time? i have most of there cds, cuz i LOVE THEM!!! man, there awesome. i like the new lyracs that there coming out with, but i prefer their sound in A Boy Named Goo and SuperStar Car Wash. and the one that came before that...yeah, they were my first fave band, back in sixth grade, before them there was nothing, so they'll always have a place in my heart^^

my email address is : a grl named goo ^^

[size=1] *says 'Oh My God' numerous times*

I [i]love[/i] this band [b]very[/b] much. :D [i]Iris[/i] is probably my favorite song by them, followed by [i]Here is Gone[/i], or [i]Slide[/i].

*shrugs* I like the song [i]I'm Still Here[/i] by John Rzeznik, the one he sang for Treasure Planet. I fell in love with them after watching [i]City of Angels[/i], and when my sister bought the soundtrack.[/size]

The Goo Goo Dolls are awesome! I'm really mad b/c the had a concert here not too long ago, but I didn't know about it 'til I'd already shelled out $30 for a Weird Al concert and didn't want to pay for 2 within about 3 weeks. (Although the Weird Al concert was awesome! :laugh:)
Anyway, yeah, The Goo Goo Dolls is one of the best bands I've ever listened to. I'm listenin' to "Black Balloon" as I'm writing this. I never did buy any of their CDs, but lovelyEowyn recently lent out Dizzy Up the Girl and Gutterflower to me, so I copied several good songs on to my computer. :D :toothy: :D

• 9 months later...
The Goo Goo Dolls...Wow...I mean, seriously. Read these lyrics, and they have this unique thing with an acoustic guitar, cellos, and violins...I haven't seen City of Angels, but my mom said I would love it (She is insane over the band), but the first time I heard it, I almost cried, that's how powerful Iris's message is...a beautiful song, with incredibly powerful lyrics...two other good ones were 'Slide' and 'Broadway'...

[CENTER]Iris

And I?d give up forever to touch you
?cause I know that you feel me somehow
You?re the closest to heaven that I?ll
Ever be
And I don?t want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
?cause sooner or later it?s over
I just don?t want to miss you tonight

And I don?t want the world to see me
?cause I don?t think that they?d
Understand
When everything?s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can?t fight the tears that ain?t
Coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you?re alive

Understand

Understand

Understand

I just want you to know who I am[/CENTER]

Well, you'd have to hear the music with the lyrics...but I still think they're worth being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...They're kinda like U2...they've been around for awhile, but they're still popular...

I became a Goo Goo Dolls fan back when Superstar Carwash came out in the early 90's ('93 or '94..I can't remember which). "We are the Normal" was the song that hooked me. This was before the band became mainstream and the band had this really cheesy wannabe grunge look to them. :laugh:

Since that album I haven't really listen to much of their work since they have many songs on the radio now. I remember thinking back when Superstar Carwash came out that they were going to be a popular band.