OtakuBoards

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon.

TheShinje

[size=1] I have known of Pink Floyd for a long time, however, i have only got into discovering their music as of late. I was watching the local Amateur TV Station when they had this video of somebody driving down the lenght of new Zealand with this wicked Pink Floyd soundtrack. It was Dark Side of the Moon, and I was hooked on this fantastic sound, it is just an incredible mix for it's time.

Time would eb my favourite track, as it speaks about I guess, hw little time we actually have, and that it's precious in a way. It was also a great trackt to listen to while watching the sunset in the video. The arrangement of clocks jingling and clanging which kciked off this song were cool, considering that digital technoiogy and digital mixing wasn't available then.
DSOTM gives me an aura of relaxation as well as looking back on what I have doen so far in my life while listening to "Time"

I have decided to buy Dark Side of the Moon, as it's got a great accompaniment of songs, such as great gig in the Sky, Money, Us and Them, which inspire me further than "Another Brick in the Wall" did, which, before DSOTM, was the only real Pink Floyd song I knew.

Finding out about DSOTM was a pretty neat journey too, I have heard of a Wizard of Oz connection, does anybody know about this?

I huess I can ask too, what your favourite Pink Floyd album tracks are, how you got into the band ect, do you know any cool things about Pink Floyd that might interest me?. Share your Pink Floyd experiences here. [/size]

Well, I'm sure Mitch will be in here eventually.

There is a link with Wizard of Oz. I figure a bunch of potheads with a lot of time just sat there and figured it out. Basically if you start them both at specific times, the music from Dark Side of the Moon basically has a direct correlation with whatever is happening on screen. I can't remember any exact examples, but there were a lot of them. It was pretty odd.

I'm sure there is tons about it somewhere online.

Pink Floyd have some great music, they're one of the few older bands I like. "Comfortably Numb", which I first heard of Pink Floyd, is my favourite song from them as of yet. I haven't heard all of Pink Floyd's music, though that, aswell as "Shine On Your Crazy Diamond", are too great songs I'll always like. "Another Brick In The Wall 1/2" are also great songs. I'm sure there is more music that I'd like they would have around, I'm going to have to find it. They're a great band.

[size=1] Right now, in fact, I am wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt.

Although recently I haven't been listening to them as much as I have, since I've been caught up in a slur of new bands I've bought, it certainly doesn't mean they're not near one of my favorite bands. Yet it's hard to say just near, beacause there is seriously so many good bands out there.

I have not listened to Dark Side of the Moon as much as I'd like to say; although I purchased it rather recently, I haven't much gotten into it as much as their other stuff. But from what I have listened to, it is definitely a good record, of course.

Tony calls albums such as DSoM "concept" albums, which I guess is somewhat I good way to put it. I'd say more or less this album is what kept the band alive long enough to go on and do things such as The Wall. Or maybe I have my dates mixed up, yet I'm sure that The Wall is newer that DSoM.

Obviously I don't know too much about this band for how much I love them...but that's the way I seem to be. I find a band, and simply listen to them, not getting to know much about histories and such. Although I certainly have been trying to get myself to know some knowledge, as with Radiohead, and Rush. But I still didn't find too much abundance of informative histories from my searches.

My favorite song of theirs is just too hard to pick, really. "Wish You Were Here," is so beautiful it literally just tears me up inside whenever I hear it..."Shine on You Crazy Diamond (all parts)," is very good. I really like longer songs mostly for some reason, so that's why I think I like it. I think mainly it's just that they're more filling, personally, to me.

Eventually I hope to know everything there is to know about this band, but at the present I don't know much, other than what my ears have heard. But they are one of my favorite bands I've found so far, just haven't been listening to them as much as of late, like I said.

They're brilliant, though. Very much so.[/size]

[color=indigo]Heh, Semjaza, back I my head days (you know [b]those[/b] days ^_-) my buddy and I tried to do the whole Dark Side/Wizard of Oz trick?unfortunately his CD player shuffled between tracks so it was out of sync. It was still amusing?most things are when you?re stoned.

I saw Roger Waters in concert when I was a sophomore in college. It was amazing. They are just one of those bands I wish I could have seen live, before they ?split? up. My favorite Pink Floyd song will always be ?Wish You Were Here?, because it was the first song I learned to play on my guitar while singing?[/color]

[size=1]Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]

[QUOTE]There is a link with Wizard of Oz. I figure a bunch of potheads with a lot of time just sat there and figured it out. Basically if you start them both at specific times, the music from Dark Side of the Moon basically has a direct correlation with whatever is happening on screen[/QUOTE]

Yes this does work (and no I'm not a pothead, just really bored :P), if anyone wants to try it, just start playing the album after the lion roars the [b]SECOND[/b] time.

It's pretty neat to watch, just make sure you get it right or you'll be more confused than when you watched pink floyd's "The Wall".

I'd have to say my favorite song would have to be "wish you were here" I crank that in my car and sing right along.