OtakuBoards

What is your favorite Pokemon movie?

Minazukii

This may or may not have already been done but...what is your favorite Pokemon movie?

Pokemon: The First Movie
Pokemon 2000
Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unknown
Pokemon 4ever
Pokemon Heroes

I would have to say either Pokemon 4ever or Pokemon Heroes because the animation in those two was awesome! The best animation for any Pokemon movies ever! Also Pokemon 4ever had Celebi and Pokemon Heroes had Latias and Latios which are three of my favorite legendary Pokemon!

If you like Pokemon and did not have the chance to see those last two in theaters you really missed out! I saw Pokemon Heroes in the theater last May and it was so awesome! Latias was so cute! The only downside to those two is hardly any Team Rocket---in Pokemon Heroes they get less than 10 minutes screentime!

~Please give detailed responses why you like to movies. Not just "I like Pokemon 2000, it was cool" or stuff like that. Thanks!~

[color=darkblue]Welcome to OB. ^^

I have to say right out that favorites threads are severely monitored, due to the fact that they usually become spammy relatively quickly. I will keep this open for the time being, provided that people give [u][i]detailed[/i][/u] reasons why they like the movies they do. Otherwise, it [u]will[/u] be closed. One warning this time.[/color]

I really don't know which one I like the best. Pokemon: The First Movie is the worst, in my oppinion. For one thing, Mewtwo's power was overdone. That in itself isn't a problem(he's supposed to be unstoppable), but then Mew comes in, and the two seem to be equal(even though it was said many times that Mewtwo is the most powerful Pokemon). Plus, the whole Pokemon tears thing was kinda lame(okay, it was very lame).
Pokemon 2000 is one of the best. The power levels make sense(Lugia's more powerful then the other Legendary Birds, but is not able to defeat all three of them. Also, those three birds are equal in power), the "bad guy' is gread(I love how he just doesn't quit), and Team Rocked actually has an important role in the film(it's nice to see those three being used for something other than comic relief).
Pokemon 3 improved on some of 2000's weaknesses(Brock and Misty actually do something, as opposed to Misty and Tracy just watching as Ash tries to save the world), but it has it's flaws, too(The power levels are off here, too. Charazard actually puts up a good fight against Entei, which it shouldn't be able to do). It's not quite as good as 2000, but it's not bad.
Pokemon 4Ever has only one real problem, but it's a big one: the power levels(strange how that one keeps poping up). Celebi is taken down by a Syther and a Houndoom in the beginning, but becomes untouchable when [spoiler]the Iron Mask Marauder(sp?) captures him(I know the Dark Balls are supposed to make Pokemon stronger, but still).[/spoiler] Another problem, but a minor one, is that Suicune's appearance is never explained. He just shows up. Of course, the biggest improvement made in this one is the ending(the best out of all of them). While in the other movies, the climactic sequence is some lame thing about feelings or thoughts, this one ends with some action[spoiler](and then we discover that Sammy is Professor Oak)[/spoiler].
As for Pokemon Heroes, it was good for the most part, but the ending sucked([spoiler]The jewel breaking and Latios sacrificing himself to make a new one is the best they could come up with? Come on![/spoiler]). Also, Misty and Brock again do nothing of importance. The water race seqence was the best part(The one at night, not the one at the start).
So which one's my favorite? As I said, I don't know.

I pretty much agree with everything you have said Takuya! I thought I was the only one who thought the first movie was the worst. Yes, it was very nice seeing TR have an important part in the 2000 movie instead of being the comic relief. I actually was wondering the other day which exact episode TR went from more serious villians to the funny bad guys. I get what you are saying about the whole Celebi deal and the end of 4ever was really great! And as for Pokemon Heroes, what you said about the end is true and I was kinda upset Misty, Brock, and TR have really no part in the movie--and I really liked both the water race sequences!

I just realized i forgot one: the direct-to-video Mewtwo Returns.
I rank this one as just a little better then The First Movie, but not anywhere near as good as any of the others. One major problem in this one is the power levels(You'd think the people who make these movies would manage to get rid of that one, but no). When team Rocket tries to capture Mewtwo, all he does is free the other Pokemon. He doesn't even destroy a single blimp. He does fight the robots, which brongs up another point: why was the frist pair easy for him to destroy when taking out the second pair nearly killed him(I know he was in the feild, but he took out the first pair so easily that he shouldn't have had a problem)? Also, the ending is bad(Although the Pikachu ballon is a nice touch). There are some good things, though(Like the character Domino).

[color=666666][size=1][i]Iliked the Pokemon4ever. 1 because it had Celebi, and suicune. 2 Because it was [spoiler]cool to see Celebi trun eviland to see Onix and Tyranitar go at it.[/spoiler] I liked mainly about the movie was the fact that my favorite pokemon were in it, the ending was great and surprising(if you have seen the movie youknow what im talking about). Plus the storyline was great. I liked it alot and thought it was well written.[/color][/size][/i]

My favourite was probably The Power of One thingie...with Lugia and the other three, because there was a good storyline (I thought it was better than others) and I liked the talking Slowking!:D Also, the legendary birds in that film were my favourite ones. (Apart from Latias, but I haven't seen Pokemon Heroes) The enemy was also cool, and used good tactics to catch the birds. It was very well put together, and didn't really have any bits that were lame [spoiler]For example the tears bit in the first movie[/spoiler]

The other one I can say that I quite liked was the Entei one. I liked how the Unknown were tied into it, and how they [spoiler]Created Entei, making Molly think it was her father[/spoiler] And I also liked the crystal mansion, and the battles with Molly. The animation was good, and one again there weren't any lame bits...