Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I went out the other night and got one of the tapes. How do you tell if it is edited or not? If you have the tape look on the back under the part that says "60min Color Stereo" and all that if it says "Edited for Television Not rated"is that the Edited or Uncut version I really don't know.
Posted
[color=blue] I think that would be edited. I'm pretty sure if its edited it will say edited or something like that, an if its unedited i think it says un-cut....I'm not sure so you might want to ask someone else 8/[/color]
Posted
I was thinking that same thing about the edit and uncut. If anyone has the tape please tell me what it says under the "60min Color Stereo".
Posted
Before, the uncut tapes said UNCUT! in big giant letters on the cover... I would see no reason to change this. Maybe they made them all uncut, or maybe they edited them all... I think the DVDs come all uncut anyway. But hey, who am I to judge an evil company like FUNimation.
Posted
Well, you wont know if its cut or uncut until you actually pay for it. I had to find out the hard way when I bought 4 of the tapes, and then afterwards I found out 1 of em was $5 more than usual. I thought it was just a defect in the computer, since they all looked the same so I just thought "What the hell. Its just $5. Might as well pay extra". Then when I got home, I opened the tape up, and on actual tape itself, it said (UNEDITED). So thats the only way you're gonna find out if its unedited or not because it doesnt mention it on the actual cover. -_-
Posted
[size=1]Or you could always wait for the DVD and have both the English uncut version as well as the original Japanese version, with subtitles of course. :)

Of course, you may not have a DVD player... I am not too sure about VHS, whenever I bought some of the movies before I got a DVD player it always said "UNCUT" on them... of course, now that I think about it I got those from some place online.

*shrugs*[/size]
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]There are edited DVDs, but I don't think there are Unedited versions of the VHS.

Just gotsta read between them lines...

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red][size=1][font=arial]There are edited DVDs, but I don't think there are Unedited versions of the VHS.
[/color][/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
I just said that there were unedited versions of the VHS. You just wont know until you actually get ready to pay for it unfortunatly.

And the only reason that I'm gettin only the VHS versions instead of the DVD is because I already have all of the GT eps in Japanese anyway(thanks to them Fansubs...damn, I miss fansubs. :()
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Ahhhhh...missed that one.

Oh, and BTW, be careful with those uncut DVDs. The one I came thisclose to buying was $20 and only had 2 episodes on it. No thanks, I'll hold out for the bargain bins.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...