OtakuBoards

Anime Scenes In Hollywood Movies!

Shinobi

I have noticed latley, since the huge rise of Anime, that many Hollywood movies are using Anime scenes in their movies. This can be a good and a bad thing;
[b]Good:[/b] It promotes Anime, kind of, if people actually say that it is originaly from an Anime.

[b]Bad:[/b] People think that it is just some cool scene made up by the Director or Script Writer when it is atually from an anime which was brought out 5 years prior.

I have noticed this latley when I was watching TV and an advert for the new film [b]Underworld[/b] [spoiler] where the main character (sorry i don't know her name) shoots a cirlce around her feet in a dead end corridor and she falls through to the next floor.[/spoiler]. This is an exact scene from Trigun were Vash does the same thing on the Seed ship.

So have you noticed any Anime scenes used in Hollywood films or any non-anime film? If so do you think it is a good or bad thing?

It's not even a matter of lifting scenes from anything. Everything in Hollywood today, nay, entertainment today, is lifted from something, or inspired by something, or pays homage to something.

It's not copying, per se, it's just using common cliches and such...public knowledge almost.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinobi [/i]
[B]Yeah, i wasn't saying it was copying. I was just stating that it was the EXACT same. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen any anime scenes in movies. [/B][/QUOTE]
Who cares? Are you trying to say that the writers for Trigun made that up entirely by themselves?

Here's something.

The "style" and "look" of Cowboy Bebop. Compare it to detective movies of the 40s and 50s. The 40s and 50s were far earlier than anime, last I checked.

Really, nothing in entertainment today is totally original, including anime. Everything borrows from everything else.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]I can't stand how people in movies these days use guns, they obviously ripped it off from Trigun. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hah, that was a classic.

Ok, i get your point people. I think i should just stop making "certain" threads becuase i can't seem to explain things the way i want to. So yeah, your all right sorry guys. I just get these things, like in the cartoons when you get a little spark in your head (light bulb) and i make a thread, but i don't seem to explain what i [b]actually[/b] mean. Ok sorry again, and if a Mod would kindly close this it would be appriciated.